Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 Ultra and Netflix: such a bad quality?!

(Topic created on: 24-04-2020 12:43 AM)
Aratheba
Pioneer
Options

Am I really the only one noting that S20 Ultra has horrible quality on Netflix?!

To be more precise: the image is really dim and colors are muted and I have to upper the brightness very much just to be decent. And even if I use the maximum brightness this is not as  bright as it should be given the maximum brightness I've just set.

I own a SM-G9880 (Snapdragon 865) since two days ago and yesterday I tried watching Ozark season 3. I was previously watching it with my Mate 20 X (the phone I had before S20 Ultra) and I immediately noticed the image was dark and colors were  muted. I started comparing the two phones side by side watching the same scenes and the difference was striking. It seems like there's a sort of gray/greenish veil on S20 Ultra, especially on dark scenes as if the screen doesn't have enough contrast. 

I tried enabling/disabling Blu filter and video enhancement without any result.

No one else has such an issue?!?

Thanks 

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
QueenReality83
First Poster
Options

yes. I have the same exact problem!! I've changed all of the settings. I've done everything but rest the phone. 

0 Likes
Hugop048
First Poster
Options

Yes that happens to me now that I notice this I was wondering if it happens with other streaming services?? I really feel like it happens with dark colors. 

0 Likes
Hugop048
First Poster
Options

Did it just happen on Netflix or other steaming services too? 

0 Likes
Aratheba
Pioneer
Options

The problem is present on prime video and even on YouTube. Although is a little bit less evident. 

0 Likes
QueenReality83
First Poster
Options

Just on Netflix 

0 Likes
camilojeda
First Poster
Options

Found the solution 🙂

Netflix brightness control.jpeg

It happened the same thing to me. Low brightness and dim colors.

The reason is that the integrated brightness controls when watching something on Netflix was at 50%.

If you click on any part f the video, you will see brightness control at the left side. Just swipe on the left side, from the bottom to the top, and it will reach 100% brightness. After that just adjust it as you feel like is the best for the ambient of light you are in.

Great! Right?

0 Likes