Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S20 Series Dual Sim Dialing Selection

(Topic created on: 31-12-2020 11:40 AM)
markb82
Student
Options

Hi,

Is it possible to set sim selection for calling per contact and not per sim. So the phone app remembers which sim I used to dial a contact on last time and defaults to it the next time. I have work contacts and personal contacts that I dial on two different sims but the only option I am seeing is to get the dialer to ask each time which sim I want to dial out on. 

This makes the phone unusable handsfree while driving because you have to physically pick up the phone and pick which sim to dial from. 

My p30 Pro had this function which meant once I had dialed somebody once it would remember it next time and  I wouldn't have to select it every single time.

If there is a secret setting somewhere please let me know, if not can it be added to the dialer app please!

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
If you go in to your contacts then tap on the contact you want then press the little 'i' you can select what sim to use for that contact by default

Screenshot_20201231-113059_Contacts_15187.jpg

markb82
Student
Options

Thank you,

Its a bit of a pain that it can't be set when initially dialing a contact, but at least I have a way to do it now.

Thanks again.

0 Likes