That's not good at all @downstop
My suggestion is to try these generic troubleshooting tips.
1. Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too.
2. Safe Mode > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict.
3. Use the diagnostic tool in your Samsung Members App.
4. Last resort > back up and factory reset.
5. Let a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre have hands on.
I wish you all the best. Take care. 😎
Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb in Phantom Black.
The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help.