Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20+ screen dims in sunlight

(Topic created on: 23/04/20 17:34)
snook123
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi, is it just me that my S20+ display goes dim when outside in the sunshine?

So I sit down outside, turn the phone on and the display is fine lovely and bright as you would expect, but after a few minutes the display dims to almost unreadable. Now I have tested this and its not me!! When you point the screen to the sun it does not brighten back up. While sat trying to read the screen it will intermettent go bright and dim again even if the sun has not gone in and I haven't moved the phone. Is anyone else having this issue?

47 REPLIES 47
LdSteeV
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Have to add...also my S20 Exynos 4G have this problem too. I suspect it has to do with Samsungs AMOLED because I remember the Samsung S4 had the same issue outside when it's bright. Should have stayed with my Huawei P30 which worked flawlessly.

0 Likes
Gerrit1976
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

It's frustrating. I really like the S20 and always have been a galaxy fan but I never experienced this before on other phones. After a few minutes outdoor, not in direct sunlight,  the screen dims and sometimes it's barely readable. My iPhone 11 pro can be hrs outdoor without dimming the screen. The iPhone screen is also brighter and more white while the S20 sometimes turn yellow for whatever reason. Turn the phone off a couple of minutes and the screen is bright and white again for a few minutes.

The phone gets warm indeed so probably the safety kicks in but  it's only with the S20. More phones have oled displays without issues. I also tried 60hz but it didn't solve tge issue. 

Not sure if it's only with Exynos-based models. If so than we are screwed by Samsung.

0 Likes
Camsimed
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

NOTHING FIX!!!!!

0 Likes
DurocShark
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Yep, very disappointed in Samsung. Making me seriously consider kicking this phone to the curb and buying a Pixel.

0 Likes
Piyushray
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Yes I have the same problem and nobody ever told me about that and this is a very serious problem . I feel brutely

cheated by samsung 

0 Likes
bikelike
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hey, that sound great. Has anyone successfully applied this?

0 Likes
Alex_2020
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Almost a year ago turned to samsung service center with the same problem (just purchased brand new s20+), visited service center about 10 times explaning and demonstrating the problem again and again and guess what? Samsung service center recognized the problem in written, sent several reports to samsungs tech dpt., but they refused to change the phone or to return my money. Instead they changed the screen and when it did not help, advised to wait for the software update, that "will solve the problem for sure". Here I'm almost a year later, warranty about to expire, phone is still barely usable outside, feel myself totally cheated. During this time bought tons of electronics for myself and my family (moved to a new place recently) - electronics for kitchen, living room, bedrooms, etc. - really a lot of itemes. Not a single samsung product. Go to hell with this kind of customer care and support. 

0 Likes
NsProd
Legend
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi, sorry to hear that you have the same problem as the others.

I switched back to my Note10+ recently and can say I also have the issue here. Not sure to be honest if it's smthg about the Android 11 update but it dims way more than it would've before the update.

Nothing to do tho if the thermals can't cool the phone enough other stuff has to be done by the software. 🤷‍♂️

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᑎᔕᑭᖇOᗪ

Hat dir mein Beitrag gefallen oder dein Problem gelöst? Ich wäre froh über ein Like oder Markierung als Lösung des entsprechenden Beitrags.

0 Likes