Original topic:

S20 Random Restarts

(Topic created on: 11-03-2020 01:36 PM)
JackIsaacs
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi All, 

Is anyone else experiencing random restarts with there S20. 

My keeps restarting randomly when i am in the middle of using it. 

Any ideas??

713 REPLIES 713
Conor98
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

You can still use your phone for your alarm. My phone restarted last night while I was asleep and my alarm still went off. I have head that is could be a software so just waiting. 

0 Likes
Simona01pop
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Thanks! I've been waking up before the alarm these days. I've noticed that I do not get any messages or notifications until I enter my Sim card pin. Let's hope it s a software bug. 

0 Likes
Conor98
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Yes let's hope it is. We didn't pay stupid money for nothing
AmirLecter
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I think you are right. I remember a week ago getting an update for the headphones and the device wanted me to keep them plugged in until the update completed. I had not used the headphones for the past couple of days and had 0 random restarts, I used them today and had two shortly after I used them and unplugged them.
0 Likes
Conor98
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Yes I have that update aswell but I use mine every day so I will try using my Bluetooth ones for a bit a see what happens. 

0 Likes
Yamu
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

yes I have. It did again yesterday 

0 Likes
MichaelBirkinshaw
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Has anybody tried doing a factory reset, and not installing the system update that appears?

0 Likes
kev_cooke76
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
That's what I tried, factory reset, didn't install the update, left it with stock apps. Still rebooted after a couple of hours
0 Likes
MichaelBirkinshaw
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Thanks Kev, I was going to try that next. It looks like there's nothing we can do. Multiple issues causing restarts, so it's either hardware fault, but more likely software.
0 Likes
kev_cooke76
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I've got two other friends who brought the S20 ultra neither of which are experiencing the issue. I used the 28 day return policy yesterday to send the device back as faulty so when I receive the new unit I will update if I still get the issue.

**Update** be prepared for a wait if you are going to try for a replacement device.  I am now being quoted the 4th April for my new phone.

0 Likes