Original topic:

S20 Random Restarts

(Topic created on: 14/04/20 17:01)
JackIsaacs
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi All, 

Is anyone else experiencing random restarts with there S20. 

My keeps restarting randomly when i am in the middle of using it. 

Any ideas??

708 REPLIES 708
Sems
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Guys let me now if there is any changes on camera performance 

0 Likes
smr-yogesh
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I don't know what to expect new camera updates on this update. But i took these pics right after update.  Focus seems good. 20200413_121957.jpg

20200413_122405.jpg

20200413_123911.jpg

20200413_125320.jpg

0 Likes
Sems
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
To be honest I don't understand what changes on camera.
Fisherjim
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Updated this morning in The UK, will see what happens, hopefully done the trick, though still doesn't let Samsung off the hook for this shoddy service, or releasing a faulty new device. One month of owning a virtually un useable device should give us compensation!

0 Likes
Sems
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Fully agree with you. They have to compensate to us.

0 Likes
docca
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

In context of what's going on right now, compensation for an inconvenience with a phone is not top of my personal list of priorities. 

I've had 3 virtual consultations today. All worked brilliantly. No resets so far since installing the update this morning. 

I'm liking the phone ( came over from an iPhone 11 and an Oppo Ren 10x zoom thing ( both now given to my kids)

I'm not sure about the battery life. I'm certainly getting nowhere near the claimed lifespan and I need to turn off a lot of the showing off features I actually quite liked to get through the day on a charge. 

Another gripe is that sometimes the screen freezes when I'm posting on forums such as this. Its done that since the update. 

0 Likes
deeshay
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Update applied and hopefully the restarts will be fixed.

My S20 4G also has been freezing on certain websites while using the Chrome browser. I will be monitoring that bug and might have to start a separate thread.

marrila
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@deeshay wrote:

Update applied and hopefully the restarts will be fixed.

My S20 4G also has been freezing on certain websites while using the Chrome browser. I will be monitoring that bug and might have to start a separate thread.

I've not encountered any restarts since applying the latest update yesterday. 

Mine was previously triggered by unplugging my usb-c headphones. Will monitor ongoing but hopefully now resolved 

Samsung S20 Ultra 5g 512gb (returned to EE)
Samsung Galaxy watch 4g 42mm
Samsung Buds+
0 Likes
JXMIE99
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Mine is still ***** despite the update, when someone from Samsung actually replies to me I'm gonna send the phone back
0 Likes
Sistemafotonico
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I updated mine yesterday 7:00 CEST and no restarts since then. It seems it works.

0 Likes