Original topic:

S20 Random Restarts

(Topic created on: 03/04/20 12:57)
JackIsaacs
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi All, 

Is anyone else experiencing random restarts with there S20. 

My keeps restarting randomly when i am in the middle of using it. 

Any ideas??

708 REPLIES 708
Asfix
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

i have s20 and have suffered from this restart problem since the 2nd Day of purchase. Today, i have downloaded the ACTH update served at 3 of april. Lets sen if it stops.

0 Likes
JirkaT
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

why is the firmware code different (  G985FXXU1ATCT vs G985FXXU1ATCH)?

0 Likes
Fisherjim
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@kasper22 wrote:

New update released now, nothing mentioned for this problem.Screenshot_20200403-113838_Software update.jpg

ATCT does seem to be a later patch, not available here yet, if you look at the security patch it was issued on the 1st April whereas the last security update on ATCH was 1st April.

0 Likes
Galaxys20Plus
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
meanwhile in Philippines, no update yet
0 Likes
skykit84
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

For those following my suggestion of trying another launcher - any luck?

I've just checked my uptime and so far its on 3 days, 11 hours 32 mins but as mentoned, I only use the Microsoft Launcher and not the Samsung/One UI

0 Likes
Fisherjim
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@skykit84 wrote:

For those following my suggestion of trying another launcher - any luck?

I've just checked my uptime and so far its on 3 days, 11 hours 32 mins but as mentoned, I only use the Microsoft Launcher and not the Samsung/One UI

Mine went for two days no problem then did a restart yesterday, and another this morning. Seems slightly better but in no way perfect.

0 Likes
redcard02
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have tried a different launcher, problem still persists.   the random restarts only happen if I have pluged in  headphones and after some time it will restart. it will also restart if charged via usb after headphone use.

0 Likes
Cristina83
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

My S20 Plus has been doing the same thing since new. First it did during the sync from my old phone to the new one.  Then it kept doing the same and just did 5 minutes ago that's why I'm here now.  Took it to Telstra the girl there added a code for their Telstra Device care,  turned down few volumes things cleaned the apps history and that's it.   But the phone keep restarting and now I don't know what else to do 😔 

0 Likes
Fisherjim
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I'm afraid you will just have to wait for Sammy The Snail to  the come up with a fix like the rest  of us sorry.

0 Likes
Sistemafotonico
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have received the following answer from Samsung Memebers Spain. It seems a worng translation of something they have received. They say that there is a problem in the insulation of the USB. When they say Phy I fear that it is something physical. But afterwards, they talk about a reinicialization of a reference counter. They speak in the past, is if the problem has been solved (but I have not received any update). And I do not have even clear if it is physical (hardware) or something about a bug in the program. I have asked to them if they can send a better translation or even the original in English.

Anotación 2020-04-03 152624.png

0 Likes