Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Random Notifications

(Topic created on: 08-05-2021 11:33 AM)
RichSNJ
First Poster
Options

Hi, I've had my s20 for a few weeks now, but recently it has started emitting the default notification sound without giving any indication as to what is causing it.  It has done this before with various apps and I've been able to see what they were by going into notifications in Settings and looking at the recent ones (and then disabling them), but these new ones are not showing up in that list. 

Following another thread I installed "Nice Catch" under Samsung's Good Lock, and I just discovered that the notification is being caused by "Android System" - but that's all I know and Nice Catch doesn't seem to have any way of stopping them.  I can go into notifcations and show system apps and look at Android System, but I'm not sure I want to block the whole thing as I don't know what ramifications that may have.  There are tons of sub switches under Android System however.  Does anybody know of a way to drill deeper down and find out what exactly in Android System is causing the random and mysterious notifications?  It is very annoying.

8 REPLIES 8
atxpop
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue.  My S20 emits a random 3 tone sound and I cannot find what is causing it!

MichaelW13
First Poster
Options

I'm also getting these. Bought an S20 FE 5G March 01, 2021, carefully set everything up, including notifications, but get occasional "phantom" alerts. No new email or message. My S7 never missed a beat, expect more from the S20.

0 Likes
atxpop
Apprentice
Options

I finally turned all system notifications off!  So far, it has not had the phantom notification sound..

0 Likes
kalbar
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, a really annoying phantom notification. Unfortunately i have tried turning off all notifications but still hear this sound. Can you please let us know how you managed to get it to stop, the last time i faced this i had to reset my phone to factory settings. 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi All,

Can you try your phone in Safe Mode? Using Safe Mode on a Samsung phone or tablet allows you to force the device to run the essential operating system, and disable most 3rd party applications. It's designed as a diagnostic tool to help solve issues with connectivity, battery life, and more. To do this press and hold the Power button until you see Power Off, Restart and Emergency. Press and hold the Power Off icon until it shows a Shield, tap the Shield and the device will restart in Safe Mode. Once done, monitor the device for two hours to see if the issue persists.

0 Likes
Solution
atxpop
Apprentice
Options

Samsung had me reset the settings in general management>reset>reset all settings.

That was at least 2 weeks ago and I have not had any phantom notifications as of yet.

0 Likes
kalbar
First Poster
Options

I've tried going into safe mode and the notification stops.. not sure how to diagnose what exactly causes this sound. 

I have also tried to reset all settings as well, unfortunately the sound still exists..

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey @kalbar 

If the sound stops when in Safe Mode, this suggests the issue is caused by a third party app, as Safe Mode allows the phone to run on its most basic interface without interference from most third-party apps. We'd recommend uninstalling your apps one-by-one until you find your culprit. 

0 Likes