Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 plus overnight reboots, android 13.

(Topic created on: 27-11-2022 09:07 AM)
Robuk
Apprentice
Options
Hi all, 

I'm looking for some help as since my S20 plus updated to Android 13 it reboots every night while it's on charge. This never happened before the update. I have checked auto restart and it's turned off. Anyone else getting this since the update or have a fix for it?
16 REPLIES 16
Robuk
Apprentice
Options
Mine settled down after a week or so and wasn't rebooting every night. The alarms also stopped working and I would miss waking up in the morning. The alarm would say its going to go off at 7am and it had already passed 7am. Then another update for December and it's back restarting every night again.
No response from Samsung employees?
I wish I could go back to Android 12, the phone worked great and I had no issues.
DataGhost
First Poster
Options

Since making the routine that notifies me when it's 95% full so I can take it off of the charger, it hasn't rebooted (3 days). I think I can safely say the reboots are related to charging for me.

0 Likes
neoxtof
First Poster
Options

Hello,  same problem for me on my S20+ 5G: when charging overnight (wired or wireless) after it reaches the maximum (either 100% or 85% with the battery protection enabled) the phone reboots (with no information in the logs about the reason).

My counter measure for the moment is to charge before going to bed.

I'm aslo using my phone for Android Auto (wired) and the issue never occured, even after driving for more than 1 hour at 100%

0 Likes
Pilo2020
First Poster
Options

Same issue since android 13 on iphone s20+. Randomly phone restarts and gets hot. All apps are closed! Even with plane mode and location off same issue. December update did not help. 

Samsung please solve this issue. This is ui5 related. Please dont ask questions which will bring the problem to another direction.

0 Likes
Handy2022
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue with my S20+ just randomly reboots most often when on wireless charging 

0 Likes
Mrali
First Poster
Options

the same problem here with "Galaxy S21 FE" after updating to android 13. it restart by itself every day or every other day and it does not show any error report.

i try any solution: i disables auto restart, i cleaned the cache, i wiped cache partition and at the end i factory reset the phone. but the problem exist.

the behavior is very much similar to the "auto optimization" feature in one ui 5. i mean it restart regularly when the phone is idle and when battery percentage is not too low. although the "auto optimization" is not enabled in setting.

more strange is the "restart history" in "care report" section that shows as bellow:

last auto restart: Never (!!!)

Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 14-29-38 Dropping your phone...Device care report.png

Dear Samsung! please find a solution.

0 Likes
4yourstruelee
First Poster
Options

This sucks there is no solution except to get rid of Samsung. I have fought this garbage long enough. This thread gives no advice just different people with same problem it's BS

0 Likes