Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 Plus Camera Focus (after recent update)

(Topic created on: 27-05-2020 02:18 PM)
Habs111
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I am still having issues focusing up close using 3:4 (64 MP) after latest update. Why has this not been fixed? Pictures remain blurry.

3:4 (64 MP)3:4 (64 MP)

Screenshot 3:4Screenshot 3:4

3:4 is better, but forget on going 2 inches away from the subject. Still is blurry.

How come I didn't have this issue with my s6 Edge and S9 Plus?

Awful.

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I think that it is not a sensor issue, it is due to the focal lenght so the focusing you are seeing is "normal" for an s20 ultra.

If i get some cheecky info i will let you know

0 Likes
W0lf
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I dont think this can be "fixed".. You are just too close to the subject. The camera cant focus that close. Get a inch or 2 further and crop in, if you need a picture that close up.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Yeah that is the only choice

0 Likes
rjvc68
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Yes I think it is something like 10cm minimum focusing distance (with the ultra anyway). On my ultra I can focus with the zoom up to x9.9 from about 15cm then when you hit x10 and it changes lens you have to move back. At x9.9 you can get a really close and detailed shot from not too far away.
0 Likes
Ququka
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

For me it worked to reset the app settings (for instructions, see www.samsung.com/za/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-camera-how-do-i-reset-the-camera-settings/ )

Weatherman
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Yes, disappointing for the flagship phone that it cant focus every time! I would love to have the option to set the focus myself should I need to and for the phone to not override my setting ☹️ If I wish to take a snap of a very distant object I know its focus is infinity. I set it, but then the phone decides that the Moon is only 10M away, sigh! 

0 Likes
Visii
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Ququka wrote:

For me it worked to reset the app settings (for instructions, see www.samsung.com/za/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-camera-how-do-i-reset-the-camera-settings/ )

This worked for me! Such a simple fix, thank you!!

0 Likes
Ququka
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Habs111, see my post above, does that also work for you?

Strange anyway that a reset is necessary. I'm going to sell my S20 and buy a Google Pixel with MUCH better camera software.

0 Likes
Omidd
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

My S20 plus has problems with live focus after the latest update one Ui 3, the monochrome mode is not working anymore! Befor update i could edit pictures to monochromr while the subject retained its original color, after the update it is just the bunch of histogram messed up colors! Is really sumsung going backward!!? Wasting the phones capabilities, i hope they make it right as before. 

0 Likes