Mf8003
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

53 REPLIES 53
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
@Mf8003: Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Galaxy S20+. Where did you purchase the device? Do you have access to another phone that you can try your existing SIM in, to see if the issue persists, and to ensure that the current fault isn't stemming from your existing SIM/network? Similarly, have you reached out to your network to check if there are any restrictions to the network in your region?
0 Likes
Mf8003
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I was having s10 plus with the same SIM, it was working fine till i got the s20 and i have an old iphone 7 also working fine with the same SIM
0 Likes
RuiGuo2020
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have the same issue, S20+ 5G would not connect to Vodafone 5G network for data even though it could detect full bar for 5G signal. No app or function could activate 5G connection.

It's definitely not the network, as I put the same SIM card in my Note 10+ 5G from work and no problem whatsoever with 5G.

I notice this issue only after 24th April system software update. Samsung please investigate ASAP and provide solution.

cgavrielides
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have the same issue. I had my phone replaced and still have the same issues, so it must be a software issue (that was occuring even on safe mode). 

There are a number of threads with this issue here, but no solutions and Samsung support hasn't really been supportive of this problem.

What I have now noticed, if that helps you, is that I'm mostly getting this problem when the phone is charging and some time has passed since I last made or received a call or a text.

0 Likes
KoKoDisco
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Same problem with my s20+. Noticed this the other day and did some research. In the US forum there is a thread about the s20 ultra and people report from different parts of the world that they have the same problem, most people use different carriers/providers. Since I noticed this I have tried some tips from the other tread. And by shutting of wifi has helped me now a couple of days. Lately I have spent much time home like many other do these days and have always used wifi and gotten told that people can't get in touch with me by calling. I get a message from my voicemail saying that I have missed calls but the phone has not registered any incoming calls. Last days without wifi I think that all calls are coming through. There are some very important calls that I'm waiting for and if I miss one of those, then I have no problem returning the s20+ and go back to my apple phone were the major function of the phone worked.. 

Martin_NZ
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
This is not a SIM or network provider issue. It's happening all over the world. SMS and calls stop arriving. Only restarting the handset or toggling flight mode on and off again restores connectivity.

This is simply unacceptable for a flagship phone.

Samsung sort it out and quickly.
KoKoDisco
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

In sweden/Europe there was an update yesterday, haven't you got it? The phone seems more responsive with the notifications after install. Haven't noticed the if the problem is still there but so far it seems okey. I'll keep you updated if I notice something. / D

0 Likes
London2tim
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

what i noticed with 5g here in uk on vodafone - is that sometimes (9 out of 10 times) is connected to 5g but no internet connection - stays like that for a while then drops to h+ 

it got so annoying that when i was out this weekend i couldnt even frigging check my maps or do anything that requires internet - that i had to switch off the 5g

IDK if its the phone or Vodafone - inclined to think is vodafone as sometime is connected to 5g and it work (albeit is faster on 4G) but what a joke this 5g is so far

RuiGuo2020
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@London2tim wrote:

what i noticed with 5g here in uk on vodafone - is that sometimes (9 out of 10 times) is connected to 5g but no internet connection - stays like that for a while then drops to h+ 

it got so annoying that when i was out this weekend i couldnt even frigging check my maps or do anything that requires internet - that i had to switch off the 5g

IDK if its the phone or Vodafone - inclined to think is vodafone as sometime is connected to 5g and it work (albeit is faster on 4G) but what a joke this 5g is so far

Finally, someone notice the same symptoms as me! Is your device S20+ 5G by any chance?

It's unlikely Vodafone though, as I put the same SIM card into my Note 10+ 5G from work, and 5G connectivity works perfectly fine. I even did a SIM swap to make sure the SIM card is up-to-date.

I also noticed this only happens recently, roughly after the end of April system update.

I have sent the device for repair; will let you know what Samsung's response is.