Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 plus 5G keep dropping calls

(Topic created on: 27/01/21 20:40)
Mf8003
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

bought S20 plus 5G 2nd of May i realize that the phone keep loosing the network while the signal is still there and the people keep texting me on WhatsApp thats my phone is switched off, i went to Samsung service in qatar and they told me its software issue and they installed the new software, they told me to try for one day after i went back with the same issue, they told me we cant help with the issue it the network provider while i tried voda and ooredoo same issue, i told them its not software or network provider its hardware issue and i will not accept to open the new phone, replacement it or refund but they told me call 8002255 they will explain to me, explain what ? Explain to live with an error in a divice bought for almost 1100 USD, please check and advise me how to solve this issue

50 REPLIES 50
T--train
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Having same issue in Aus. Any luck resolving the issue? Got sick elderly parents and missing calls from them and doctors. Seems like a trivial problem but it is actually serious. No one seems to want to take responsibility

0 Likes
RickGM16
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

My Note20 Ultra 5G is 6 weeks old (got it Dec 2020) and still has this problem. DISGRACEFUL SAMSUNG.

0 Likes
PeterDK
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I live in Denmark (EU)

I got a S20+ in late November 2020. I occasionally experience problems where i loose the connection with the people I talk to. Sometimes when i surf (not using WIFI) I have no internet connection. Both SIM cards show no connection - but a few seconds later both SIM Cards show full connection even though I haven't moved.

It is really frustrating. I have had it for repair - they couldn't find any errors. But the lady who phoned me telling me that the technicians could not find any problems - has a Galaxy S20 Ultra - and she has the exact same problem. She had decided not to use 5G and it helped.

0 Likes
nessunohastonick
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Same problem here in Italy, phone calls drop after a variable period of time with the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE, if instead I put the sim in the old S9 Plus, phone calls don't drop.

RickGM16
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I'm getting nowhere with Samsung. They won't send a replacement phone, have set up home repair but when I try to confirm it they say there are no appointments available. I can send it for repair but that leaves me without a phone and they can't tell me how long the repair will take. Shocking customer support especially on a near on £1,000 flagship phone.
0 Likes
eneskaraboga
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Same here in Turkey. I got my Samsung S20 couple of months ago. Calls drop after few seconds. It happens almost half of my calls. It is unacceptable. This will be my last Samsung phone. 

0 Likes
RickGM16
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I sent my Note20 Ultra 5g for repair and they apparently replaced the motherboard. 10 days later I got it back and it's now great.
0 Likes
Chel_Nighty
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
just send it for repair and it will get fixed straight away. worked for me and had no issues since
0 Likes
T--train
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hahahaha I tried. Took it to Optus and I was warned it would cost 50 bucks and that the phone just can't handle 5g. I was told to switch off 5g but not send it in to be repaired. The manager of the store was experiencing the same issue. The camera is now stuffed. Samsung are now pathetic. 

0 Likes
Chel_Nighty
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
send it direct to Samsung for repair, mine was the same and got fixed straight away... tried the mobile repair and shop but had no luck with it until sent it away
0 Likes