Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 overheating issue

(Topic created on: 13/08/20 10:51)
ayush_97
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I am facing heating issues with my S20. I could understand if it heated up during charging or because of heavy usage but it gets heated up even during normal usage. Sometimes the camera app shuts down because of overheating and refuses to open up.  To reduce the heat I have to operate it on HD resolution and 60Hz refresh rate. This is really unacceptable as I bought the phone mainly because of its camera and display. Now I am really regretting my purchase decision. Please reply if anyone has a solution for this.

38 REPLIES 38
Brandie
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Thank you so much for that info! Worked IMMEDIATELY!

Owendbyme1980
Observer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Thank u very mutch 😀

0 Likes
Syed1
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I got my S20 5g 3 days ago, so far I have no case etc. It is getting overheated even for a 1 hr call and some minor use of apps. i am very disappointed. 

HawkHam83
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I'm having the Same issues. As soon as I try to take a picture the phone becomes too hot to handle. Rediculous. Worse on zoom. I hate this phone. Loved my S9. Its now started to not charge properly aswell on my wireless charger and over heats and actually discharges the battery over night. I have the official Samsung charger with the build in fan and led. Even on the fast charge plug that comes with it the ohine heats up too much. Even if I don't use the phone and its in my pocket its hot when I take it out. Absolute rubbish. 2020 is a ***** year and the S20 falls into the same label. Useless piece of ***** it is. 

MatteoXUK
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
0 Likes
sanjeev1
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I agree with ayush_97. The phone gets heated with normal everyday usage.

Such basic problem in this high end product  is completely unacceptable. To top that up is the poor customer  service. On raising the issue I was advised to submit the phone at the service centre. 15 Days and no response. After my multiple attempts to reach the representatives, I could finally contact only to be told that the set was just fine and could be collected back. The phone is getting heated, I can tell that, the shopkeeper who sold me the phone can tell that, even the Samsung Customer Care representative can tell that, but Samsung's heating parameters deny it blatantly. 

I am seriously considering taking the matter to Court. The unfair heating parameters set by Samsung need to be reviewed. I request fellow community members, facing the same issue, to join me in this law suit.    

0 Likes
RhysH
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Settings > Device Care > Battery, put all your apps in deep-sleep, except the ones your going to rely on for important notifications. Disable Super Fast and Fast charging and this heats your phone up more, especially if your using it. I recommend using Super Fast and Fast charging if your in a rush and need to get out of the house etc... I've also got everything set to dark mode, even just a AMOLED solid black wallpaper.

Disable 5G if your not in the coverage area. Set-up Bixby Routines, very useful feature. Cup grip your phone so your only holding it on the sides, and that the phone is not palm flat to your hand. Your just transferring heat to the back of the phone otherwise.

Personally, I don't play any graphics intensive games.... yet. However, I do play GTA 3 and San Andreas with my PS4 controller Bluetoothed to my phone, max graphics settings at 60FPS without any heat issues.

I've just managed nearly 2 days battery out of my phone with light-med use. Better than my P20 Pro provided me. Don't worry so much about the CPU heat, you should be more concerned about the battery as heat can reduce it's lifespan eventually. I'm sure Samsung will release updates to better manage the power efficiency of the Exynos 990. Give it time.

Galaxy S20+ G986B/DS Enterprise Edition (EE) Unlocked "UI 2.5"
0 Likes
Rossboss
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I'm having the SAME ISSUE!

0 Likes
Ben982
Just Browsing
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have the same problem no real solution until now. The only one is to buy a different brand 

0 Likes