(Topic created on: 14-11-2022 01:14 PM)
Landy2304
Explorer
Options

My NFC  is not working!!!!

I have tried

1. Cleared nfc cache and memory

2. Reset all settings

3. Opened in safe mod and had same issue,  but sometimes allows me to close it,  but doesn't resolve the issue. 

4. I used Samsung members app for diagnose,  and it came up with nfc works as standard, nothing faulty.

So i assume there might be a bug somewhere. Or 2 apps which calls for nfc...i just don't know. 

How can i solve it? Nfc is used everywhere and i am out of the game.... samsung please help...

23 REPLIES 23
Michael coxon
Apprentice
Options

mine is exactly the same 😞

Landy2304
Explorer
Options

Samsung, do you have a solution for us? Is this a known bug on you last firmware update?

Firthy
First Poster
Options
I have had the same problem for months now. Galaxy S20

Maybe time to go back to Apple
N9brainer
Apprentice
Options
Just posted the same problem. I did a full factory reset that solved the problem for a few days then came back so don't put yourself through the heartache of a reset as it does nothing.
Farfetch
Student
Options

I also have this issue (and have done for months). I have tried everything even the factory reset did nothing for me. I spoke with a phone tech and they said the wireless charging and NFC are linked which often means both breaks if it is a hardware fault and the wireless charging works fine. I assume this is software related. Does anyone have anything from Samsung?

Michael coxon
Apprentice
Options

Mine was a hardware issue, i got the NFC module replaced via phone insurance and that fixed it

Farfetch
Student
Options

Interesting, thanks Michael. Did your wireless charging continue to work? Unfortunately I'll need to look at replacing the part myself as it is out of warranty/insurance.

0 Likes
Michael coxon
Apprentice
Options

i cant remember 100% if wireless charging worked i dont use it that often but i think it did.  The only issue i could see was the NFC one, the insurance confirmed the module needed replacing, strange no idea how it broke.

0 Likes
Members_9fuOtZx
Student
Options

That's exactly the situation I have on my s20

0 Likes
Gilsil
Student
Options

Same here. Nfc greyed out and Samsung pay doesn't work. Tried all of the above. I have the latest updates and it is a galaxy s20 5g 

0 Likes