05-02-2021 03:56 PM in
I just upgraded my trusty Galaxy S7 to an S20+. It's a great phone but one thing I miss (me and a million others) is the notification LED - when I'm round the house or garden I just needed to glance towards my phone to see if I'd missed anything.
So then I read about the LED cover and thought that solved the problem nicely - the back would be lit up with a message notification, serving the same purpose.
So I bought one. Great fit and really nice feel, and it COULD (surely?) perform this valuable notification light function...except that it doesn't. It's more like a novelty toy.
So what can it already do?
* Display an icon when a message arrives (or whatsapp, missed call, etc.) - it does this already (but just for a moment).
* Keep the display lit until phone is picked up - it does this already but just for smiley face etc. icon or stars effect.
So please Samsung, you're missing a trick here:
* Settings -> Advanced -> Accessories -> LED cover
* In Style (Mood lighting or LED icons) just add a third option "Notifications"
* Keep the existing auto turn off menu to define time
* The use case is: user puts phone face down, no display shown (or 10 secs stars then none). Message arrives -> now LED cover shows the notification icon for the time defined in auto turn off menu (in my case until phone picked up).
This has to be easy...?
05-02-2021 05:03 PM in