Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 front camera making high pitched noise

(Topic created on: 02-04-2021 02:53 PM)
Members_slvd9qw
Student
Options

Help! Late last night my camera decided to start making a high pitched noise. Its only when using the front camera. Selfie and pro mode the noise goes. Any idea how to fix this?? Highly annoying when trying to take a video! Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
AsadM
Options

Hi @Members_slvd9qw, I'm sorry to hear that. Let's try switching off the phone for 20 seconds to give it a fresh start. If this still happens after you've switched on the phone, carry out a Hardware Test on the front camera. You can do this by going into the Phone app > Dial  *#0*# > Select Front cam. 

0 Likes
Members_slvd9qw
Student
Options

Hi. Front cam test just took a picture nothing happened, tried mega cam and on rear3 mode it made the noise? 

TessM
Mastermind
Options

That may indicate that there is an issue with the camera hardware or software.  Are the phone software and all the apps up to date? If so, could you please run the following test and let us know the results? Launch the Samsung Members app> get help> Interactive check> Camera> Follow the steps listed there. 

0 Likes
Members_AWQfwpz
First Poster
Options

Hi! Sorry to jump on! Im having all the exact problems and i ran the test through samsung members and the front camera is still doing a high pitch squeak 😞

0 Likes
Members_Nh9frWP
First Poster
Options

Video (not mine) of the high pitch sounds 

Hello, 

I also have the same problem on my S20+, did you find any solution ? 

Thank you very much for your reply, 

Best regards

0 Likes
Members_GMs0MTb
First Poster
Options

My S20+ developed the same issue. Although Samsung kept trying to persuade me it was normal camera operational noises, which it clearly is not. After going through all their troubleshooting steps, nothing fixed it and then I sent it in for repair (it was purchased less than a year ago) and they've just reported that they've not been able to fix it. I'm currently waiting to hear if I get a new phone/refund or... who knows what... at the moment.