Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Freezing and Slow Downs

(Topic created on: 22-03-2023 09:43 AM)
BossBelly
Student
Options
Hey Guys, has anyone had any issues on the latest software on the S20 Series.
Yesterday my phone randomly crashed and today my phone freezes and slows down like it's 1FPS in a game then 30 seconds to a minute later it's back to normal.
It's happend 3 today doing random things like opening the camera, closing a tab on Google chrome.

Any way to fix this issue, I just did a force restart after my last slow down.
8 REPLIES 8
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Wipe phones cache partition. See if that helps.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @BossBelly  Clearing the cache partition can help with crashes/freezes and is advisable after updates in any case.

Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Can also Repair Apps from the same Recovery Menu which may also help.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
johnoswestry
Navigator
Options

I used the clear cache   process but is there anyway of getting bigger text I had to rush off and find a magnifier to read the menu!

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Go to Display where you where you will find font size and Screen zoom options. Alternatively in Accessibility visibility enhancements there are a variety of settings including magnification. I have not found wiping the partition changes size,sometimes updates do.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
johnoswestry
Navigator
Options

Thanks, but isn't that just the main disply I wasn't too cleare as I am talking about in the system recovery menu

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@johnoswestry Oh right, may be a bit smaller but ok  for me and I wear glasses.    Wipe cache partition should be no 6,it is on my Device and on this video shown here.   Ensure first letter is a w.

0 Likes
johnoswestry
Navigator
Options
Thanks. Have poor sight in one eye, well nearly none now but managed it.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Sorry to hear, glad you have managed it though.

0 Likes