Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20+ Fingerprint Sensor

(Topic created on: 08/07/20 10:02)
KeenyWeeny
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Having a lot of problems with the fingerprint sensor. Fails to recognise on first try. Often take 2, 3 or sometimes 4 attempts.

-same fingerprint enrolled 4 times, no difference.

-often prompts to cover the whole sensor despite the whole sensor being covered.

-tried clearing cache

-same issue occurs in safe mode

23 REPLIES 23
TheRedBaron
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Exactly, I had to replace my HTC U11+ and because HTC has nothing to offer currently I switched to Samsung S20+. Fingerprint sensor is *****. My HTC had a separate sensor at the back and that worked super. In one light swipe turn on the phone and get access.  With S20+ I have to redo over again and end up typing PIN code instead. Horror. Also WiFi connection on HTC was far more better. Need to reset every time. Maybe switch to OnePlus 8 instead?

Gillaspy2005
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Have to agree with all of this. This was an 'upgrade' from an s9+ which was in perfect working order, total vanity purchase. S20+ is a lot worse. Fingerprint scanner works 10% of the time, have cleared the cache and followed all of the above, no improvement but thanks for sharing. Also it adjusts the default ringtone volumes randomly so I miss calls all the time. Solution to that is to factory reset and restore all but my settings. Very disappointing, regret getting the phone now. I've emailed Samsung, if i get anything useful I'll post it.

KeenyWeeny
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I'm starting to regret it too. I've gone through all of their support channels and they've basically said I need to travel to one of their service centers which is miles away. I'm going to speak with my provider to see if there's anything they can do.
anas-dawod
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

same proplem in my s20+ even with optimize usage battey and with disable screen transition effect

bsmar
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Yes, same proplem in my s20 ultra as well. Tried to disable optimize usage battey and with disable screen transition effect

maverick22
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

The fingerprint scanner on the S20U is probably the most useless thing after the camera quality that Samsung have done. Comepletely ruined the S20U.

Looking forward to selling it and switching back to the iPhone 12.

Duke13
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Im going to disagree with you on 1 thing

The autofocus was bad at first but after a couple of updates i can say it good now it takes incredible pictures.

I would never switch to a garbage iPhone that adds old stuff to their 'new' phone and claim they invented it. So no better stick with an android phone 

Finfan313
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I agree with the fact that older models worked better. I had an S9 and it worked fantastic. There are lot of their things that don't work so great on this phone. For example the talk to text acts like I'm speaking a foreign language. In fact sometimes it puts words that are from a foreign language or maybe a language from aliens ( I have had to retype and delete words from this post because the talk to text is so badd, For example why does it spell the word badd with 2 d's). Also  The at home feature to keep the phone unlocked doesn't work 3/4 of the time period and also the recognized devices. In fact why is this phone typing the word PER IOD instead of putting a. The  Fact that these extremely expensive phones have so many issues is an absolute Outrage. Stupid phone.   I have resisted using Apple products all these years but something's going to change.

0 Likes
docster619
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

this is the single biggest gripe and most frustrating issue with the s20 plus. I'm even thinking of sending it back. 

0 Likes
Duke13
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

If you send it back they will factory reset it 

Then they will send it back there will be a possibility that you run back into the problems if you send it back again they will try to find they problem but they wull say problem if no where to be found..... 

0 Likes