Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 FE Survived a drop in the bath :)

(Topic created on: 24-02-2023 06:37 PM)
CaterpillarT
Journeyman
Options

There I was, watching some YouTube in the bath and 'splash' my phone goes for a swim in the bath. 

While I know it is water resistant, I watched my battery drain and when I tried to plug in, I faced a notice 'water detected in port'. I left it to dry standing upright for 48 hours and then I was able to charge it back up and it's working perfectly. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@CaterpillarT  Glad your phone is working fine now, personally do not use it in the bath mind you 😁

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
CaterpillarT
Journeyman
Options

🤣🤣🤣

But what about the fishes @JAMES4578 - https://youtu.be/GOKO6isa08A 

keith30
Maestro
Options
Lucky escape you had then, cos if it been underwater a long period of time then I wouldn't expect it to be alright. Water resistant is different from waterproof
CaterpillarT
Journeyman
Options

I mean, I plucked it straight out of the bath as soon as it dropped.

Lucky though, a few years ago and I would have had no chance. My S2 was in my bag at a festival in a thunderstorm and it did not survive. (It down poured and my phone already had a massive crack in it). 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@keith30 @CaterpillarT  The S20 FE has an IP68 rating , dust and water resistance (up to 1.5m for 30 mins).

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes