Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Fe correct pattern entered, but phone states it's a wrong password

(Topic created on: 10-08-2021 02:26 PM)
Amethyst
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a Samsung S20 fe that was dropped and seriously damaged.

It wouldn't turn on and the battery was broken. The chassis is bent. 

I took it to a shop who said that they were unable to fix due to the extensive damage. Samsung support said that they would delete the data if I send it into repair.

Silly me forgot to back up the data which have precious memories 

Now the thing is, it is not letting me get past the unlock pattern screen. I'm entering it correctly as I've always done and it just doesn't open

Further more, I had to enter a pin code prior to seeing the second unlock screen.

Please, does anyone have any idea of what to do? 

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
Kimmy2
Pioneer
Options
Have you tried Google photos? X
0 Likes
Amethyst
Apprentice
Options

Yup. Not one of my new pictures are on Google photos.

0 Likes
Kimmy2
Pioneer
Options
Have you got anything in Drive? Clinging at straws for you. I totally understand the photos situation 😔 x
0 Likes
Amethyst
Apprentice
Options

Nothing. I gave birth 3 weeks ago and all my recent photos were on the phone. When it was damaged I just wished they were backed up

If I got my phone fixed by a third party, I don't think they would delete my data or would they?

So why would Samsung 

0 Likes
Kimmy2
Pioneer
Options
Any repair centre would factory reset the device unfortunately. I work for a network and we always have to advise to back up and reset before sending for repair. Have you tried to take it to a Samsung store to see if they can rig it up to a computer in the store. My heart breaks for you with the photos. Have you got any social media where you have uploaded to or sent them on whats app. They could possibly be backed up on them x
0 Likes
Amethyst
Apprentice
Options

No, I don't post my photos to social media.

I'll call them to see what they can do 

Oh gosh. It's so unfair

Crying real tears 😔😥😥

0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
From your description of the damage, especially to the battery, DO NOT ATTEMPT to charge this phone!! There is a risk of the battery exploding, of starting a fire. Get this looked at by Samsung.
0 Likes
Andreipetru
Apprentice
Options

Dacă vrei să ai toate datele din telefon poți instala smart switch și să folosești un cablu și apeși primire date și conectezi cablul la ambele telefoane 

0 Likes