Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 FE camera long processing time since update

(Topic created on: 28-03-2021 11:51 PM)
reaper7
Apprentice
Options

I use burst mode a lot. This is where the camera takes many pictures very quickly. I used to be able to do a burst of 100 shots in around 5 seconds and then start a new burst shot immediately.  Since the new update was installed on my phone - after one burst shot of a 100 photos, my camera just stops working. A 'Processing' grey sign comes up when I try to take another photo. I usually have to wait 15 seconds for the phone to start working again and for the 'processing' sign to desist. I also noticed when viewing the gallery and looking through the burst shot - the phone is very laggy. I have to wait for each of the burst shots to appear to scroll through them. This never happened either before the update.

Any ideas what Samsung have done with this new update and how to get the phone back to its original speed?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Eb27
Explorer
Options

Im having a seperate issue but this update seems to have really effected the S20 series the most. Its full of bugs. I chased them on twitter, here and rang the support line today.

Your options are factory reset. Send it in for repair (2 weeks plus without a phone) or wait for another update it seems. 

Prob with the last one is they seem to be ignoring the issues as its just S20 phones and maybe not enough for them to actually do anything about it. So best to chase on twittwr with the #fixmycamera and hopefully if enough people do this they will be forced to take a look at the issues and update. Send error logs also on samsung members. (But expect nothing more than a copy and pasted reply)

AndrewL
Options

@reaper7: Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. I feel as though 100 images per burst shot is a little high - have you tried reducing the length of time you hold down the Camera button to see if you can take a shorter burst, to see if this helps? In the meantime, please try heading to Settings > Apps > Camera > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data, then press the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. 

0 Likes
reaper7
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Andrew. The processor and memory had no problem previously taking a burst shot, saving it and then allowing another. I was doing this for months as was my friend who has the same phone. 15 seconds is a long time to wait between shots. The fact that gallery is also glitchy and takes a while to display all the photos shows that this is a more serious issue and this update has done real damage to the phone's performance. I cleared cache and data. It made no difference. The phone is struggling since the update.  

reaper7
Apprentice
Options

Thanks EB27. Seems like this is the harsh reality. Thanks for your honesty. 

0 Likes