Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 FE 5G poor battery performance

(Topic created on: 02-11-2021 12:28 AM)
Sangi St
Explorer
Options

Can someone explain to me why my brand new S20 FE 5G has such poor battery life? Compared for example to my relatives A52 5G (also brand new) their battery lasts for a good deal with heavy use while mine lasts short with very light use, wth? When I unplug from 100% the battery drops to 99% within minutes just by browsing the screen without any intensive apps in the background or high brightness (mine is set to around 30-40%). The best my S20 FE 5G could do was around 5h screen time with light use having less than 20%  (around 17-15% if I remember correctly) left after the day.

Is this a manufacturing batch defect or software problems because a lot of people are having the exact same issue with this model's battery (S20 FE 5G)?

Screenshot_20211030-115114_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20211031-003842_Device care.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
See my post regarding battery life here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/smartphone-efficiency-battery-storage-saving-tips...

After trying the tips and still the battery doesn't work, it could very well be a software issue or manufacturing defect. Hope this helps! 🤓
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
In addition, try wiping the cache partition on the phone and that can resolve the issue. To do this, just search 'how to wipe cache partition S20 FE 5G' and you should find what you are looking for. Good luck! 😁
Sangi St
Explorer
Options

Just did the cache partition wipe. Will see if anything changes, but the battery timer still shows the same as before left.. I'm a light user and the battery is draining too fast. And way too many people are complaining about this exact same issue on this model, you can see on here and on youtube comments.. This is either a manufacturing defect (which is horrible if such a huge batch got a defect) or software update problems, something they haven't optimised right for this phone..

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
No worries. If my tips helped in any way, could you please click the 3 dots on my comment and select accept solution? Thanks! 😊
0 Likes
Sangi St
Explorer
Options

So far from just browsing the screen with light apps the percentage is dropping in my eyes, I don't think anything's changed.

I'm extremely disappointed with this phone after all the praises I've read about it before purchasing. There's no real support or answers on why this is happening for so many people on this device.

Sangi St
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20211031-053621_Device care1.jpgScreenshot_20211031-053638_Device care2.jpgScreenshot_20211031-053644_Device care3.jpgScreenshot_20211031-053730_Device care4.jpg

hannah33369
Pioneer
Options
Just turn on power saving mode
0 Likes
Sangi St
Explorer
Options

What's the point of a 4500 mah battery if you have to limit your phone capabilities with power saving mode?

Sangi St
Explorer
Options

Samsung, so what is your solution? To keep silent? What am I supposed to do? Why is my brand new 700£ phone battery draining so fast that it's just stupid, look at my usage, light usage and the drainage is insanity. And before you keep recommending cache wipes, checking background apps, not using wifi, bluetooth etc.. All tested and done and battery still drains crazy.

S20 FE 5G - HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.

Screenshot_20211111-052911_Device care.jpg