Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s20 FE 5G MP3s cannot be found

(Topic created on: 13-03-2023 11:06 AM)
mik2023
Apprentice
Options

I get various MP3 and other audio formats via whatsapp. I  do download most of them. I can see and am able to play them in WhatsApp but cannot trace them on the phone.   What  is the issue? 

14 REPLIES 14
mik2023
Apprentice
Options

Send one MP3 file as audio and the same one attached as a document. you will see why the document option is preferred. i dont need to start naming files when they arrive if they come as documents.  they are coded as AUD-XXX-XXX.MP3 when sent as audio attachments.  you dont even know what name to look for, as they are autonamed

0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Well AFAIK an audio file will be received (by default) in Internal Storage > WhatsApp > Media > WhatsApp Audio. The file (even if it is autonamed) will be time and date stamped so it should be easy to identify. Other formats are received to their relevant folder i.e documents, video, images..., again date and time stamped. I can't think where else whatsapp would put them, unless you have external storage (sd card).
0 Likes
mik2023
Apprentice
Options

@Robin999 yu are solving a problem that i don't have.  i have not complained of missing audio files received as audio (aud-xxx). they are just way too much work to file and find compared to those that are attached as docs. this used to work well on the S9 why is it failing on s20FE is my question.

0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
I don't know then. It works on mine (S23) and has worked the same on every other android phone I've had. Audio to audio folder, document to document folder and so on. No idea why yours should be any different. The files obviously exist on your device so they have to be somewhere. I'm more than happy to test the operation via whatsapp if you want otherwise I'm all out of ideas. Hope you solve it and I'd love to know the outcome.
mik2023
Apprentice
Options

thanks all for your ideas. i finally found a private folder inside the whatsapp documents folder that has the files.  

0 Likes