Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s20 FE 5G MP3s cannot be found

(Topic created on: 13-03-2023 08:34 PM)
mik2023
Apprentice
Options

I get various MP3 and other audio formats via whatsapp. I  do download most of them. I can see and am able to play them in WhatsApp but cannot trace them on the phone.   What  is the issue? 

14 REPLIES 14
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Which music player are you using ??
As I haver used anything but poweramp as it can read a multiple formats.
0 Likes
mik2023
Apprentice
Options

i have jet audio and musicolet. both  cant find the files except those that were transferred from my previous device s9+.  now i thought irrespective of what player one is using the files must the found by any file explorer on the device?

0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
With jet audio you have to tell it where the music folder is. I know as I have it on my home computer.
0 Likes
mik2023
Apprentice
Options

i dont think that's the problem. previously these apps found the files on the handset irrespective of where yu had them. 

0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Have you had a look to see which folder you're downloading the MP3's to? When you know just point your music player to that location.
0 Likes
mik2023
Apprentice
Options

I dont which folder it is.  It used to be docs folder inside whatsapp folder. Now that what am seeking help for

0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
I think you mean the audio folder in WhatsApp. See the screenshot for the path.1678742074072.jpg
0 Likes
mik2023
Apprentice
Options

No in the old editions media files received as documents stayed in the documents folder.  Now is receive them but cant find them.

0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
You say you can physically see the files in WhatsApp (and even play them), so is there no way to tap on them to get some more details like where they are stored. I don't understand why an audio MP3 file (xxx.mp3) arrives as a document. That doesn't make any sense. Did you check the audio folder as per the screenshot I sent to see if the files are in there. It may be better if you connect to a PC as it will give you access to folders you can't normally see via your phone.
0 Likes