Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 FE 5G, mobile data issues.

(Topic created on: 05-04-2021 05:29 AM)
QuiverNAY
First Poster
Options

Recently bought  2 devices. I have updated both to the latest update.

For both phones I can see that mobile data sometimes stopped to work. Mobile calls was OK.

I can enable it with 2 workarounds: 

1) Disable, then enable mobile data then reboot the phone.

2) Enable "Flight mode", then disable it.

Today even mobile calls for my wife stopped to work, until flight mode on/off.

It's a bit frustrating for expensive phone, which cannot be used as a phone...

Any options to fix it permanently or timeframes?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

First as a process of elimination to rule out your sim cards failing please try them in another phone.

If they work fine in other phone then go into Settings,  General Management,  Reset and Reset Network Settings.

If that does not help and this is happening everywhere you go i.e it's not your local masts at issue then seek hands on with a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre when they reopen.

I wish you all the best with this @QuiverNAY 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

i can rule out anything except the update, bcoz some apps made my S20Ultra restart, and after the restart the phone would not connect to any network operator for like 4~10 minutes, showing me only one notification 'no service' , but that got fixed for my phone at least with the second most recent update....bcoz the very recent one broke some apps again, one of the apps that won't work again was the one by Google, that made the phone restart, so i enjoyed the apps i use fully working for like 3days 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Kris G: I'm not sure if this is related, however your issue may be stemming from some a recent fault with Android System WebView and Google Chrome. With this in mind, please follow the link below and run through the troubleshooting steps to see if you notice an improvement.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/why-are-some-android-apps-crashing/

0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

yea i saw that post on the home page, and it may help users who don't update their phones at all, but in my case it was an update made by Samsung that broke things, not google play update;
and yes i have the most recent version of the WebView and google Chrome(which is actually not related to other apps, unlike WebView)

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
mcarans
First Poster
Options

In my case, I found the Samsung update deleted my internet APN settings (but strangely left the MMS one untouched). I reentered my internet APN settings and mobile data was restored. The internet APN settings (and MMS) are specific to your carrier.

0 Likes