Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 FE 5G Microphone not working properly

(Topic created on: 24-03-2022 03:23 PM)
NotWorking12
Apprentice
Options
I have a Samsung S20 FE and when I talk the phone cuts out and the other person can't hear me. 

I have tried every single trouble shoot.

No it is not in a case.

No it is connected to any headphones.

Yes it is updated.

The sim is new.

I have just had my phone returned today from Samsung who couldn't find an issue?!

I went straight to the mic loop feedback test and could hear the problem straight away! I feel like I'm going mad! 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
You could try Contacting support
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/
Explaining the issue
They can run tests to see
If a fault with the phone
If still have warranty
That MAY help too
NotWorking12
Apprentice
Options
Hi, I have a report from them stating all quality control were passed and they have changed the changing port. It is still under 2 year warranty. I'll contact support and see what they say. Thanks
0 Likes
Berti72
Journeyman
Options
I don't have this phone though I do understand VOX and microphones. try holding the microphone closer/further away from your mouth to see if there is a difference... go to a quiet room and do the same thing.. sometimes the background noise sensitivity it too sensitive and the microphone picks up your breathing believing it to be background noise and effectively cuts the mic off trying to filter out the noise. All Samsung will do is a bench test using inbuilt diagnostic tools which don't realistically identify such a problem. Be persistent with Samsung. Get trading standards involved if you can. they can witness the fault and pressure Samsung into replacing the phone
NotWorking12
Apprentice
Options
Hi, thanks for your info! I have tried close and far away, noisy and quiet, it is still the same! I'll get back onto Samsung.
0 Likes