Original topic:

S20 FE 5g lock screen pin not recognised since update

(Topic created on: 29/01/21 22:31)
Cassie_A
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Help please

I have a S20 FE 5g that had a software update today. Since the update I can't get past the lock screen as it says pin not recognised.  I've tried a soft reset which hasn't fixed the issue.  Now it seems to be stuck in some kind of restart mode - when the pin screen comes up it now says 'Use PIN after restart'

I can't do a factory reset as whichever combination of side buttons I press it only seems to reboot, plus I'd really rather not do a full factory reset and lose everything unless absolutely necessary. 

Any ideas how to fix this please?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
blueberry_cheesecake
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Cassie_A 

hello

try pressing all the buttons for  10 seconds until the phone restarts

try using below link then click unlock

https://findmymobile.samsung.com/

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
blueberry cheesecake so delicious
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Try logging into your Samsung Account via another device such as a laptop or tablet and see if you can reset things that way.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
scotty82447
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
press and hold the power button and the volume up button and u will get factory reset ur phone
0 Likes
scotty82447
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
sorry forgot to say turn off the phone first then press the power button and volume up button till the phone turns on
0 Likes
Benoit
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi,

I've the same pb, did you fix it on your side ? 

Thanks in advance for your help

0 Likes
Cassie_A
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I didn't sorry. Logging in to 'find my phone' on my samsung account did nothing as it wouldn't let me remote unlock, even though it was set up to do this, also wouldn't let me do a back up from there either. Nothing would work to get it to factory reset - even the tech people at my network tried and failed, so they're sending me a new one. Not super happy about that as not sure I trust this model anymore. Guess I was 'lucky' this happened only a week from when I got it, so my network has to do something, otherwise i'd be stuck paying for a very expensive bit of plastic for the next 2 years.

Hope you do find a solution - please will you post if you do, just in case this happens again.

0 Likes
Benoit
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Thanks for your very quick reply ! Unfortunately I didn't manage to solve my pb. I found that, to enter recovery mode for a factory reset, I had to connect my phone to my PC via USB-C to make the vol+/start button sequence work correctly (otherwise my phone simply reboots). But the factory reset didn't change anything. After chating with a Samsung Tech Expert, we concluded that I had to get my phone back to make it repair or change. I'm now waiting for its return 🙂

0 Likes
anlizric
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi all,

almost same issue just received this samsung and started using fingerprint to unlock. After 3days it require use of a password that i never entered.

Since then mobile is lock and i cant unlock anymore with my fingerprint and cannot enter a password i never set up.

This is weird, i tried all kind of way to unlock it but nothing worked.

My samsung account is logged in on the phone but i cannot unlock via find my mobile because i didn't set it up yet (new phone).

If someone have an idea, you'll save me, i don't know what to do.

Thanks

0 Likes
Benoit
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi,

I think you have to enter recovery mode to make a factory reset of your phone. You can follow tutos on the web to do that, not forgetting to connect your phone to your PC (for me that was the only way to achieve the recovery reboot). But in my case that was not enough, the pb was solved returning phone to repair it (fingerprint card was faulty).

0 Likes