Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 fe 5g .It's about time they sorted the touchscreen problems now

(Topic created on: 09-01-2021 11:43 PM)
Christo1986
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Starting to get fed up of this phone ,why oh why do I always get Samsung's and end up regretting it .
The touchscreen issue is still there on one ui 3.0 , particularly when typing ,it just doesn't recognise key touches and you have to start typing extremely slow ,feels like some sort of memory leak or ram issue if you ask me.
The issue is there ,there is 100 percent a problem with this , I have had my eye on this for months.
The bloat is getting on my nerves n all ,just no need for all the junk on it using ram.

6 REPLIES 6
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi @Christo1986 

try clearing the cache/data of the Samsung keyboard app

Settings → Apps → three dots → Show system apps → Samsung Keyboard app → Storage → Clear data

or else,

try downloading and using Google Keyboard / Gboard

Thanks 😀

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Christo1986 

I've seen a few similar threads to yours and as such it can be a difficult process diagnosing what's making this happen.

For example my partner and daughter both have the Samsung s20 5G on Android 11 and Samsung One Ui 3.0 and have zero issues with keyboard.

Just as a process of elimination please put the phone into Safe Mode which disables your downloaded app's, but let's your stock app's keep working. If the issue with typing stops then this could highlight a downloaded app as the possible issue.

Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent downloaded app's one at a time until it stops. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I think it's a hardware issue tbh. 120hz displays have had a lot of issues regarding colour accuracy and stability. some people say there are no issues, others say there are many. It isn't a memory leak issue at all. it is to do with the touchscreen. If it was a software issue as well it would affect other S20 models which it doesn't
0 Likes
Christo1986
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
finally sorted is this now 👍
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Christo1986 

Pleased I am  :winking-face:

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

Christo1986
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I don't believe it ,it's happened again on the 3.1 update ,I'm wondering if that's why they pulled it !
0 Likes