Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 FE 5G Google Pay

(Topic created on: 22-10-2020 02:20 PM)
Evak2979
Student
Options

Hello.

I love my new FE 5G, but I am having problems with google pay.

When I hold it to a terminal, the phone takes a few seconds...Then gives a blue checkmark (like a payment has gone through), but the payment doesn't actually go through. It's like it's struggling, and then finally it gives up but pretends everything is alright.

Anyone else had that? Thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
RaiderX303
Student
Options
which part of the phone are you holding at the reader? it should be the back middle of the phone. I've found if the phone isn't positioned just right it won't scan properly
Evak2979
Student
Options

It is the back middle of the phone. The phone picks it up vibrates, but then it hangs after a while. It still shows a blue checkmark, but nothing happens.

0 Likes
RaiderX303
Student
Options
you could try having the Google pay app open when you tap or reinstalling the Google pay app
0 Likes
Evak2979
Student
Options

I have tried reinstalling and will test soon. Will also try with samsung pay to see if that works.

0 Likes
Evak2979
Student
Options

I actually just tried. Samsung pay worked fine. Google pay kept hanging/not doing anything. Even after uninstall, and reinstall, and saving as default. It showed the blue checkmark after a few seconds of vibrating, but no payment went through.

0 Likes
kimmnen
First Poster
Options

Just experimented with a new Samsung S20 FE 5G and Google Pay. Same issue and could not complete transaction. Terminal was asking for card and other errors. Patient clerk let me work with it. BINGO! I kept my finger on finger print reader on screen/phone as I connected with terminal and transaction completed with CHECK MARK. Give it a try. Planning on trying some other processes as it is a different sequence from old phone but this will work for me.

0 Likes