Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 FE 5G Frequent restarts after One UI 5.1 update

(Topic created on: 13-04-2023 07:32 AM)
QueMota
Student
Options
Last night I downloaded and installed One UI 5.1 and it just messed up the phone.

Even before finishing the download, because I paused it when I saw that there are a few problems with One UI 5.1, the phone would restart after some time. I want to mention that this happened only when not using the phone.

After that, I resumed and installed the update and the same thing continued to happen. 

Thd big question is, what's next? Do I just wait and pray for an update that will fix the issue?

NOTE: This auto-restart never happened before last night.
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I upsted to Samsung One Ui 5.1 on the 13th of February and haven't experienced issues @QueMota 

The first step troubleshooting steps I would suggest are ;

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
QueMota
Student
Options
UPDATE: It doesn't happen anymore, it did restart only once yesterday and I did a Power Off/On and now it's fine. Thank you for reply.
pilkjaer
Journeyman
Options

I have exactly the same issue with my phone (S21 5G model). Handing by Samsung in unacceptable. I have created a separate post in Series 21 sections about this with all details.

0 Likes
Jess83
Apprentice
Options

This did not do anything

0 Likes
Jess83
Apprentice
Options

Where is this post, I want to crush my new phone to ground bc of this *****!!

0 Likes
pilkjaer
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
pilkjaer
Journeyman
Options

I know the feeling. I had to replace my phone. It was a corporate phone so I had ability to do that. Unfortunately, not everyone would be able to do that. Factory reset didn't solve the problem and "bricked" the phone as corporate android demand online connection for activation and as soon as you connect it - it starts to reboot.

Fail rate is pretty high. We have maybe around 700 samsung phones here and only 3 of them got this issue. Not sure how Samsung sees this but 4 phones per 1000 that become totally unusable after an upgrade is rather high number. Especially considering the cost of the phone and no option to revert the upgrade. For "normal" user having no fix nor access to the phone for over a month is really unacceptable. Samsung doesn't care. They already got your money.

0 Likes