Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 FE 5G bluetooth connection with car

(Topic created on: 29-07-2022 03:39 PM)
Members_TQbsbmk
First Poster
Options

Hi, I am from Czech republic and I bought two S20 FE 5G in December 2021. Unfortunately, the bluetooth connection is not working properly with my car which is Volkswagen Passat B7, year 2014. The pairing goes fine but it says it is connected only for calls and not for media. When I go to the settings the toggle button is turned off and when I try to turn it on, it turns on and off immediately. I tried to claim it under warranty but Samsung did not find any issue. This is stupid because this exact car worked fine with my Xiaomi Mi 9 and my girlfriends Honor View 20. Does anybody have any suggestion? Samsung suggested only to go to the Volkswagen with my car but I don't think this is reasonable.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
0 Likes
Members_TQbsbmk
First Poster
Options

Thank you. I forfot to mention that my car does not support Android auto. It is just basic Bluetooth connection. Thr second link seems to be just basic connection guide. My phone is connected but the media is not being transferred to the car radio 

0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
I have the same issue with 2015 scirocco head unit and Samsung phones. The only way I can get it to connect for audio is by turning off Bluetooth, turning it back on and then manually connecting to the headset by clicking on the Bluetooth device, mine is listed at VW PHONE I think. If you allow the phone to automatically connect, it only connects for calls only, I'm unsure why!
0 Likes
Stevie45
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem with my S 20 Fe and my cars Bluetooth. It had been working perfectly fine until the last Samsung update. I did not have to plug in to use android auto if I was listening to a audiobook it would automatically connect in my car. Now it doesn’t. I can see the book playing and my phone is connected but there is no audio! Looking at my phone there is a option with a icon for the audio either to my phone or to my car. When it’s selected to the cars Bluetooth there is still no audio. When I do select to the phone I do hear through the phone but that’s ridiculous! It had been working perfectly fine for 2 1/2 years.
  I have also tried toggling the main Bluetooth in settings on and off  plus the airplane mode for good measure. So why are we all having problems and we all have different cars too. Mine is a Subaru. I tried deleting my phone from both the car and the Bluetooth , clearing the cache, data and restarted my phone. It didn’t help! I spent over an hour on the phone with a Samsung “tech” who was of  no help. She finally said that I needed to drive 2 1/2 hours away to a authorized service center for a warranty repair. I am convinced that it is a glitch and there has better solution here. I also saw from this thread that Samsung is claiming this isn’t a warranty issue. Samsung needs to take responsibility. Hopefully more customers will start speaking up. 

Honzicek42
Explorer
Options
Ahoj tady Honza z Anglie koupil jsem Samsung s20 fe a mam problem 😀 porad se vybiji,aplikace se trhaji hruza a des uz byl v oprave fungoval na 6 mesicu a open se seka vracim zpet doufam ze to pujde a kupuji IPhone
0 Likes
Members_lW4xzML
First Poster
Options

Yep, exact same problem connecting to Audi A5 2018 model. What seems to happen is that when the phone connects to the car Bluetooth it somehow switches off data, so if I try to play music it states there is no Internet connection. Worked fine for a year before last update. Works fine with other Bluetooth devices. So irritating. 

0 Likes
Members_7ykpLPP
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same problem. I can talk via Bluetooth but listening to music is impossible.  I am afraid that there is a bug in either Android or Samsung and the new BLE stack is not compatible with legacy Bluetooth devices.  Apple works great.  

0 Likes
Members_kN5lCxf
First Poster
Options

At least you can connect. After May update Bluetooth in my 20 FE 5G is not able to pair to anything. I never had some issues with Xiaomi or Huawei. This is my first Samsung since long time. Will see if not last. 

I just instaled June update but nothing changed. 

0 Likes
jwow
Student
Options
I'm having the same problem with my ford focus. It's worked with other phones but not my Samsung s20 +. Calls word but not other audio
0 Likes