Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

s20 fe 4g or 5g

(Topic created on: 10-02-2021 04:37 PM)
kati82
Explorer
Options
Am I silly if I get the 4g version now on a 2 year payment deal? I dont use mobile data often and mostly on wifi anyways. Should I pay the extra for the 5g version?
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
it depends if you think you will use 5G in that year period, the 5G has a slightly better processor (snap dragon) and it has more ram so the performance will be slightly better, other than that it's identical, for future proof I would get the 5G
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
however despite what I said there is nothing wrong with the 4g version either
kati82
Explorer
Options
that's what I'm thinking... the 4g came today because I could get it from sky for £15 per month and I'm so tempted to keep it because I love the look of it but I'm just wondering if it would make more sense to return it and get the 5g version.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
if your not a heavy user and don't care about 5G it will be totally fine. however if you want to keep it for more than 2- 3 years the 5G would be a better bet.
0 Likes
ghosty
Voyager
Options
sounds like you'll be fine with the 4g and save yourself some 💰 if you are a light data user.
all it means is that you won't get 5g data speeds, you will still get 4g data speed and that is enough for most people's needs anyway 😄
0 Likes
kati82
Explorer
Options
its just when I hear people talk about snapdragon vs exynos and I'm wondering whether I should just bite the bullet and get the 5g version
0 Likes
sheplfc74
Helping Hand
Options
pay the extra and get the 5G, you won't lose too much on resale, buy the 4G and no1 will want it in a yr or so...
0 Likes
kati82
Explorer
Options
I was planning on doing the 'swap'with sky so i can send it back after 24 months and the handset will clear the remaining credit... less faff than trying to sell phone, what do you think? I'm just wondering as a normal user will i see a difference between the processors?
0 Likes
kati82
Explorer
Options
I returned the 4g and got the 5g... the difference is night and day!!