Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 FE 4g battery drains quickly

(Topic created on: 06-11-2020 06:42 PM)
Frenchfrywife
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Bought the FE 4G version 2 weeks ago, straight away I noticed the battery draining to 99/98% as soon as I unplug the charger. I have been giving it time to normalise, but yesterday I played TuneIn radio from 11am-3pm and then the battery was at 6%, having started off at 97%. The phone screen was also not on for most of this time. I have the display settings at 60hz, 20% brightness, standard colours and had only the odd message coming through in the background. Should I return the phone to the shop? I had similar usage today and after 6 hours I needed to charge it. Reading online that video playback is 15+ hours, so I'm wondering is mine faulty?! 
53 REPLIES 53
P333EVS
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Only tips I can say is go back to iPhone. Just sent mine back and got an iPhone 12. Much better battery. 

0 Likes
Astro-cop
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I've now optised all apps, set dark mode and will keep an eye out for updates. Nice phone. Better than Apple IMHO. This is a works phone, so not an option to return.

The screen and camera more than makes up for any battery performance issues. I'll knock up an 18650 fast charger for it. Some interesting projects I plan to do over the winter break with solar rapid chargers for mobiles.

0 Likes
LukeyUK
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
As of now, October 2021, we are still experiencing the same issue. I bought my phone this January, and been experiencing this problem since the beginning. So sad.
0 Likes
Trixie53
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I too am disappointed with the battery drain issues, there has been no resolve or even a response to this or any of the other related threads on this topic. Samsung, we are not asking for a lot here.

0 Likes