Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 FE 4g battery drains quickly

(Topic created on: 06-11-2020 06:42 PM)
Frenchfrywife
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Bought the FE 4G version 2 weeks ago, straight away I noticed the battery draining to 99/98% as soon as I unplug the charger. I have been giving it time to normalise, but yesterday I played TuneIn radio from 11am-3pm and then the battery was at 6%, having started off at 97%. The phone screen was also not on for most of this time. I have the display settings at 60hz, 20% brightness, standard colours and had only the odd message coming through in the background. Should I return the phone to the shop? I had similar usage today and after 6 hours I needed to charge it. Reading online that video playback is 15+ hours, so I'm wondering is mine faulty?! 
53 REPLIES 53
Billhusband
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I've had the FE 4G version for 4 days and I'm experiencing similar problems. I've been getting just over 3 hours battery life mostly social media and YouTube with little or no gaming. I'm not sure whether I should wait and see if it improves or return it.

Screenshot_20201228-160127_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
TheHistorian94
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Guys, just return it. It's never gonna improve. I have decided to return it, best decision I ever made. Samsung is just selling a scammed device, and they know it. 

0 Likes
Stuk1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
same hear I've had all the S series s20 s20+ S20 ultra now s20 fe 4g and all have 990 chip and none could make it through a day without a top up around 6pm it's pretty poor considering the s20 fe has 4500mah and only FHD+ display and still battery drain is bad updated to android 11 seem to get worse so factory reset after major OS update just to make sure no cross config files etc the exynos 990 is pretty bad for heat and battery compared to SD 865 this is already proven with s20 series why make a fan edition with same chip and one with SD no true fan would ask for exynos over SD what gets me is 990 is a 5G chip so why disable it and only have SD 5G verient seems odd not like it costs anymore 990 is 5G capable , probably won't be keeping for long will swap it hopefully 😀
0 Likes
Trixie53
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Samsung, it will be really appreciated if you will comment. 🙄

0 Likes
Arind
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
facing the same issue with battery
0 Likes
td-p2
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I'm experiencing the same battery issue. Drops immediately after charging using cord and wireless. Purchased in December. If not resolved I will have to return and purchase something else.

0 Likes
td-p2
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Moderator?  Samsung? Anybody?

0 Likes
icebloke22
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have had the S20 Fe 4g for couple days now (since 7-1) and i must say I have the feeling it only has become worse. I havent set any battery saving methods because I didnt use those on my previous phone either. That model had a much smaller battery but gave me the same screen-on time. We really need Samsung to address this issue, because it is really bizarre how a phone 'for the fans' can have such bad battery life.

0 Likes
Soura
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Bought S20 FE on 1st Jan 2020, facing issues since then. Optimized it to the greatest extent, the battery drain has become a phobia to me

0 Likes
toria70
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
me too
0 Likes