Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 FE 4g battery drains quickly

(Topic created on: 06-11-2020 06:42 PM)
Frenchfrywife
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Bought the FE 4G version 2 weeks ago, straight away I noticed the battery draining to 99/98% as soon as I unplug the charger. I have been giving it time to normalise, but yesterday I played TuneIn radio from 11am-3pm and then the battery was at 6%, having started off at 97%. The phone screen was also not on for most of this time. I have the display settings at 60hz, 20% brightness, standard colours and had only the odd message coming through in the background. Should I return the phone to the shop? I had similar usage today and after 6 hours I needed to charge it. Reading online that video playback is 15+ hours, so I'm wondering is mine faulty?! 
53 REPLIES 53
Members_OlJ9PR0
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

My samsung s20fe 4g is 4 days old and I am having very similar issue. My old handset was 4000mAh and it lasted at least twice as long as this one. My 2 year old handset charged faster than this one by more than you'd expect considering they are both 25w fast charge and this one has a 500mAh more. The last handset cost me £200 less when I brought it and even now is still outlasting this one. 

Straight away I turned off all the background features I don't use and lowered the 120hz to 60hz  im losing around 10% an hour and its sitting in my pocket doing nothing. 

I checked it in device care thinking it may help understand whats happening and its all on background apps. So naturally I try with all background apps closed and no difference. Disappointed, truly. This is my first Samsung and I had high hopes coming in. Now wished my old manufacturer wasn't loosing its Google play services as this isn't meeting the standards I expect for the price and brand reputation. 

Trixie53
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

+1

Frenchfrywife
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi Tess, 

Can't get a solution to this issue and apps sleeping in the background should not be draining the battery to 25% by 9pm,whne the phone is unused all day. Any actual solutions or repairs that could be organised would be fantastic. €600 is an awful lot of money for a phone that I feel is not living up to its specifications.

dozie
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I am having similar issue, I returned the first one I got after 6days, I got another one and same issue. it's annoying
Trixie53
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

The latest patch Build Number G780FXXU1ATK1 did not help either.

0 Likes
TheHistorian94
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi, same issue here. 

Do you think they will take it back?

0 Likes
Trixie53
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Android 11 is soon to be released. Samsung, can we expect an improvement in battery life?

0 Likes
tommyplask
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I'm having the same issue. going to take it back as this is not what is expected.

I work 8 - 6 so had minimal screen usage and look at that. nearly 50 percent with an hour screen on time time.

Screenshot_20201215-181631_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Quokka
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Bought the FE 4G version 2 days ago (24 Dec 20) and I have the same issue. The power mode is currently set to optimised and adaptive battery option is on .  Do I need to change the option?  Highest Battery usage: Whatsapp 7.0% and Chrome is 4.8%.

0 Likes
Trixie53
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I don't think the battery drain is related to device settings, it's probably more about the Samsung software, of which us as users have very little control.