Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 FE 4g battery drains quickly

(Topic created on: 06-11-2020 07:07 PM)
Frenchfrywife
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Bought the FE 4G version 2 weeks ago, straight away I noticed the battery draining to 99/98% as soon as I unplug the charger. I have been giving it time to normalise, but yesterday I played TuneIn radio from 11am-3pm and then the battery was at 6%, having started off at 97%. The phone screen was also not on for most of this time. I have the display settings at 60hz, 20% brightness, standard colours and had only the odd message coming through in the background. Should I return the phone to the shop? I had similar usage today and after 6 hours I needed to charge it. Reading online that video playback is 15+ hours, so I'm wondering is mine faulty?! 
53 REPLIES 53
TessM
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hey @Frenchfrywife ,

can you let your battery run down to below 50% from a full charge and then send us a screenshot of your battery usage? You can get this by going to Menu> Settings> Device Care> Battery> Battery Usage.

Frenchfrywife
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
This is the usage from yesterday and today! :smiling-face:

Screenshot_20201106-175200_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20201106-190618_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
TessM
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I can see that the radio app has been working in the background for 8 and 4 hours. Can you please ensure that you close the app once that you have ended with it and monitor the phone to see if this makes any difference? 

Frenchfrywife
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
OK Tess, I'll try this tomorrow, thanks! :smiling-face:
Frenchfrywife
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Hi,
Tried again today. Charging from full with TuneIn app fully uninstalled. Very limited usage today and its already down to 48%. I put chrome/facebook/Instagram into sleep mode when not in use and hasn't made and difference. Comparatively my partners phone with a 3550mAh li-po battery running Youtube since 10am from full charge is currently at 70%. Very unhappy with the battery life of this phone, considering it is a 4500mAh battery. Please help.

Screenshot_20201107-163556_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Frenchfrywife
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
35 mins later I'm down to 39%

Screenshot_20201107-171527_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
MrsB511
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I'm experiencing very similar fast battery drainage same brand new phone, I'd like to know if there is some problem and if I need to return the phone
Frenchfrywife
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi Tess, 

Still having issues with my battery draining quickly. I attached the screenshot to my original post which you requested I try. Uninstalling the TuneIn app didn't appear to resolve the issue. I still have the screen running at 60hz, display is at about 20% and I work until 3pm each day so I am not spending much time using my phone, but it is still at approx 60% charge by lunchtime. I also put apps such as WhatsApp, Snapchat and Instagram to sleep when they aren't in use in case they were draining battery. It really isn't a lot of screen use for the battery to be draining so quickly. Again, I'm comparing the performance of a 2 year old phone with a 3650mAh battery which far out lasts my phone. So frustrating when it's a brand new phone. 

0 Likes
Frenchfrywife
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

It's very annoying isn't it?! Definitely not the amazing performance I was expecting from a brand new phone! 

0 Likes