Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S20+ (Exynos) green vertical line on screen after firmware upgrade

(Topic created on: 24-05-2020 02:34 PM)
icuric
Apprentice
Options

Yesterday after I plugged headphones into brand new S20+ (Exynos) phone, new firmware update appeared on screen, and after installing it I have noticed a little bit later green vertical line on screen.

I've tryed restart and boot into safe mode, but didn't help. Also I've tryed test by typing in Phone app *#0*# and activating red, green, blue calibration several times but with no results.IMG_6796.jpgI think it is a software issue because it coincided with that

firware update and my phone never drop or got hit by something.

Please help 😞

15 REPLIES 15
Patrick
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I think your best option is repair. 

Stars-Moderator-signature-800x200-patrick
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

that is clearly oled hit/ drop damage which has nothing to do with a software update, out of warranty repair is the only choice.. sorry

0 Likes
icuric
Apprentice
Options

Probably has nothing with firmware update, but this phone is brand new, used only 2 weeks and never dropped or hit.

I just cannot belive that a phone that costs 1000€ has this poor built quality!

It's currently in samsung service on warranty repair, and I will post what was a problem/solution after it's repaired.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

If they found no cracks with their lamp on the oled layer it is in warranty and you should not be mad about that

0 Likes
icuric
Apprentice
Options

How could I not be mad? Spend so much money on it and now I am without phone.
Official Samsung Customer service said that they need to order a new OLED panel as they don't have it on stock because it's brand new phone model. And due to current situation with Covid and nearly all flights grounded it will take ages for it to arrive!

0 Likes
Solution
icuric
Apprentice
Options

Service is finished after more than 2 weeks. They have found technical problem and replaced screen and battery module.

SebaMinguez
Student
Options

It's happening the same to me. I'll contact support, thanks

0 Likes
Luisa_M
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, what should I do?

0 Likes
SebaMinguez
Student
Options

Contact samsung support worked form me. They repaired the phone in a week.

0 Likes