Original topic:

S20+ dotted lines on photos

(Topic created on: 07/07/20 16:34)
Dmytro_I
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi all,

Recently I faced an issue with my photos - dotted lines appear on all of them. Here is an example, I cropped a part of the photo and additionally highlighted dots on the first image. I tried to switch modes, use different cameras, change setting, update my system and camera (latest versions installed), etc. But can't get rid of them. 

Is this a software bug? What can cause this behavior?

index.pngindex2.png

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
@Dmytro_I: I see what you mean. have you tried the Wide Angle and Ultra Wide Angle lenses to see if the issue persists (leaf images at the foot of the preview window). If you dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad via the Phone app, select 'Megacam' and take a picture as you would normally, do the resulting images contain the same dots?

0 Likes
GothicGeisha
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Hello AndrewL.
I've been having issues with my rear camera on my TabS4, just done that dial in code as its a sim card version.
Came up with this.... (see pic) What does that mean?
Front cam is fine.
0 Likes
Dmytro_I
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Thanks for you response. Yes, I tried Wide Angle and Ultra Wide Angle lenses. Dotted lines are still present, but they are not so bright and harder to notice. I also used 'Megacam', the result was identical for all photos.

I tried to switch to professional mode and save photos in two formats. Here the result was different. For .jpeg photos lines were present, but .raw photos were fine.

Also, I noticed that 95% of my photos contain 2 lines and 5% look like this

index.png

0 Likes