Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 charging schedule

(Topic created on: 14-11-2021 02:11 PM)
Marlofti
First Poster
Options
Hi
Anyone now if there is a way to schedule charging times? I have cheaper electricity during the night and only want my phone to charge during these hours.
Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Buy a smart plug and insert the charger into it. Then, it should be possible to set it to only charge/turn on during the night! Hope this helps! 😁
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Marlofti This is a possible solution.

You have to create on and off routines.

419fTbQWthL._AC_.jpg

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Charging a phone cost around £1 for a year...takes very little current to charge....dont really see what the problem is 🤷
Kris G
Voyager
Options

this thing costs 10$, with shipment it will be more.
Now i live in Germany "Germany has the highest electricity prices worldwide. In December 2020, German households were charged around 0.37 U.S. dollars per kilowatt hour plus value added tax. "

0,37 $ for 1000Wh, i do have few phones and S20 Ultra does not have the biggest battery, but 5000mAh is a round number so i will just use that;
the batter inside of the phone feds the phone with about 3,7V and the capacity is 5000mAh(5Ah) so the power it actually has is around 18Wh = 3,7V*5Ah;
let's assume that while charging i lose 2Wh of power, and that each time i charge the phone from 0% to 100%, and that this happens each day.

so 365days * 20Wh = 7300Wh -> 7,3kWh
now back to the price, 0,37$ * 7,3kWh +some 20% taxes -> 0,5$*7,3kWh -> i pay around 3,7$ per year.

Now dear Superuser, you suggest him to get a device that is worth same as the power needed(in the country with most expensive power) for 3years  of charging each day.
Regardless what country is that user from, he would never pay even 4$/year for charging.

And then i thought, well that TAPO itself uses power....

"Tapo P100 /Tapo P105 : 

Typical Power Consumption(Relay ON):     1.2W-1.6W 

Standby Mode(Relay OFF) :   < 1 W"
With this thing plugged in 24/7 , it will use per year close to what the charging of the phone uses.

I do realize that the user himself asks something none would ever dream of, but such answer from a superuser....i am just speechless.

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
S20fe5gUK
Explorer
Options
They probably wouldn't be asking if their electricity was that cheap!

They're probably on a key meter.
0 Likes