Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20+ Camera app bug: HDR is always on despite option beeing off

(Topic created on: 26-06-2021 08:16 PM)
Eneen
Journeyman
Options

I've tried all camera modes and with current april update and despite of HDR option beeing off it's still applied in standard mode. It's ok only with pro and 64MP mode. Could somebody try to confirm?

I've also got S10 and same thing there.

30 REPLIES 30
Ratzvogel
Voyager
Options

I was able to reproduce this on 3 phones: 2 galaxy s20+ and a S21, HDR is always applied on pictures taken in standard mode. That came with an update in the latest months. But thats not on the only problem: The process of applying changes the face of my children.

i take a photo of my children and the camera seems to make more photos and combine it into a new photo. i can see the effect while opening the picture directly after taking it. In the first second the wanted picture appears, but seconds later it changes to a hdr effect and also the face changes, like in a video: going to the next frames.

thats horrible, because the best moments with my children are destroyed with this ******** function.

0 Likes
Ratzvogel
Voyager
Options

Today, there was an update für the S21, but the problem still remains

0 Likes
SpookyBiscuits
Apprentice
Options

I have an s21 and this issue drives me insane. I just use the snapchat camera app to take everything since it's the onky way I've found to prevent it but it's nowhere near as good as the camera app for other settings so it's extremely aggravating

Ratzvogel
Voyager
Options

did you submit an error report?

0 Likes
SpookyBiscuits
Apprentice
Options

How do I go about doing this? Did anyone on this thread find a solution through that? 

0 Likes
Ratzvogel
Voyager
Options

I talked 5 times to samsung, they always tell me to submit an error report in members app and than they answer nonsense.

Could you please also submit error report in samsung members app?

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey all.

I've noticed this issue on my Camera app too, so I see what you're referring to. I've passed this onto our Research and Development Team, and I'll let you know as soon as I get an update.

Ratzvogel
Voyager
Options

Thank you, the german support ppl are not able to understand it

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey @Ratzvogel 

Th Developers say that the HDR algorithm works by analysing the image in real time, and the HDR option controls the strength of the HDR power.  It works in scenes with a very high dynamic range to prevent an image from being too dark or too bright. 

A way around this is to use the Professional Mode (Pro Mode), which you can find by heading into the Camera app > More > Pro, as this does not automatically use any image processing algorithm.

Ratzvogel
Voyager
Options

Thank you, but it is not true.

The HDR Effect is exactly the same, no difference if HDR is on or off.

What you developers say is only true when using fast serial images, then HDR is not applied,when turned off. When turned on, fast serial images comes with brigther shadows.

I will give back the phone to amazon if the problem will not be solved.