Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20+ bugs post android 12 update

(Topic created on: 15-01-2022 03:54 PM)
Napster_nag
Apprentice
Options
Few annoying bugs I've noticed with my INU Exynos S20+ after the android 12 update -
1. Bluetooth keeps on disconnecting. I need to restart my phone and the problem solves temporarily but then reappears after some time.
2. Random app crashes. 
3. Battery sucks even after many charge cycles 
4. 120 Hz screen smoothness keeps dropping between transitions like app opening and going back to home screen. 
5. Phone generally is more laggy. 
6. Galaxy watch keeps disconnecting (probably related to the Bluetooth issue).
7. Some apps awake and send notifications only when I switch screen on. 
16 REPLIES 16
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Wipe the cache partition
https://youtu.be/T2HkEa94FRk
Napster_nag
Apprentice
Options
Thanks will try
0 Likes
irmaladouce
Journeyman
Options

I just updated my Samsung S20 5G to Android 12  on Saturday 15 JAN 2022 and now this phone is literally useless. I can't open my banking apps, can't open Insta, can't open Samsung Member, etc. So many apps crashes and phone freezes and gone black and re-starting by itself. I have done all the troubleshooting to no avail. Had a chat with the Samsung tech at 4AM I am so stressed out and I have done all what they told me to but still NOT WORKING! Even during chat it kept kicking me out and phone gone black and re-started by itself. PLEASE HELP! 

Napster_nag
Apprentice
Options
Did you try wiping cache like suggested above? My phones performance is a bit better.. Last resort is to uninstall and reinstall apps. I did that for a few and they are fine now
0 Likes
takric
Student
Options

I have the same issues.

Apps crash randomly.

I have already tried to delete cache, it did not help.

Samsung should have checked this update once again after the camcellation of the first wave...

chinezyxxxx
Student
Options

I will never update ! Mirroring is not working after every  first or second update ! I 'm tired of this buggy updates just for the sake of updating !!

Arisk0
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same issues but samsung is saying "factory reset" like always !!!

DUSKvsDAWN
Explorer
Options

and even then, i've read posts where a factory reset did not solve the absolute mess that is android 12. so i am not even going to attempt that.

0 Likes
irmaladouce
Journeyman
Options

Update you guys : Samsung just sent notification that update is now available etc etc. I was too scared to do anything incase it didn't work. But I did update it last night and after that update, the phone won't even let me slide to the next screen! Wtf. I had to do hard/ force restart (press power and down volume button until it resets). And it seems ok now. Can't comment about battery yet as i have this phone in charger all the time when I can as the last update drained this battery so quick. It seems okay this morning and i can now open those apps that I couldn't open earlier. Cross fingers this is it. Cheers