Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20+ bug with low ringtone

(Topic created on: 31-03-2020 08:32 PM)
aliakio
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I'm curious noone has noticed yet. I've opened settings > Sounds and Vibations > Selected a ringtone > The sound was very good and loud and comes from the bottom speaker and the ear speaker.

BUT when I got a phone call the ringtone sounded much worse and very low.

Very annoying because it makes the ringtone to sound much lower volume and I am missing calls because half of the times it sounds loud like it should but the other half you can hardly hear it. When u select it in settings, it always sounds loud, the problem appears when u receive a call.

14 REPLIES 14
DavyJones180
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@aliakio wrote:

I'm curious noone has noticed yet. I've opened settings > Sounds and Vibations > Selected a ringtone > The sound was very good and loud and comes from the bottom speaker and the ear speaker.

BUT when I got a phone call the ringtone sounded much worse and very low.

Very annoying because it makes the ringtone to sound much lower volume and I am missing calls because half of the times it sounds loud like it should but the other half you can hardly hear it. When u select it in settings, it always sounds loud, the problem appears when u receive a call.

I noticed the same problem too. 

0 Likes
Sharier
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I also noticed the same problem, I think its a bug. When I select a ringtone the upper and lower speakers give sound, but when someone calls me only the lower speaker gives sound while the upper one doesn't. which results in low volume. which can be quite annoying when working in construction.

I have the Samsung Galaxy s20 Ultra.

Kart2091
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Yeah, even i see the same problem in my phone aswell. The ringer volume is too feeble.

0 Likes
Kirsten67
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I have the same problem, I have missed calls. It start to ring on very low volume then the intensity builds as he call progresses. However, the overall volume is still very low. I have had to use a hideous ringtone to hear it.
Rtx1
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

All of the S20 line-up  has this bug software..

When you get a call should work ear speaker and rear speaker..

0 Likes
simmiv
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have this weird issue on my Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus.  If it lies down on a flat surface (Horizontal) the ring volume is high.  Upon pickup the ring volume dies down to a very low volume.  If it's in a vertical position the ring volume is always very low.  A restart seems to fix it, but only for a short time, because a few hours later it's back to it's tricks.  Here is an example video of what it does.    This is drving me crazy!!  

LD20
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I am having this same problem with S20 ultra. I keep missing calls as the volume is so low. If this is a bug, is it going to be fixed?

0 Likes
aliakio
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have a feeling that the problem after update UI 2.5 is solved! Please confirm.

0 Likes
hegmannkris
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I also had the same ringtone problem, it seems that when a call comes in, the sonnerie portable only plays in the upper speaker section, not the bottom speaker.