Original topic:

S20 Broken Screen

(Topic created on: 18-04-2020 10:56 AM)
zippyinuk
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Morning All

Got my lovely phone yesterday and 2 yr old daughter dropped it onto a wooden floor and the screen smashed.. Is there a known issue with fragile screens on S20's? Haven't even made a phone call on it yet :(.. The screen has now cracked all the way across after taking a couple of photos since the drop happened S20 cracked screen.jpg

54 REPLIES 54
FlorieJoy
Samsung Helper
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Good Morning, first of all OUCH! bless her little heart, such an innocent beautiful age.

I just wondered are you insured at all? If I am being honest I have not heard any issues with the screens at present having this issue. Did you buy the phone direct from us or from your mobile supplier?

zippyinuk
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

nah no insurance.. only got it yesterday and case turning up Monday..  slow at amazon during these times 

zippyinuk
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

got it from sky mobile

FlorieJoy
Samsung Helper
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

It might be worth checking your home insurance maybe? I would also call sky mobile and see if they may help. Otherwise at this stage sadly there are no other options. I will however do some research and come back to you if there are any suggestions. Im sorry I cant be of more help.

Bjj
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Both my samsung s20 and my boyfriends s20 plus screens were broken with in a week after we bought them, and we dont even know how it happend, and We have never experienced this before with  any phone.

Would NOT recommend anyone buying samsung s20, have always had samsung, we have never had so many problems with a phone ever.

And we cant even sell it. So frustrating.

Mi1981
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Just got mine yesterday. Struggled to get it activated and today I noticed a small crack that could quickly turn into a giant one. Literally have only made 2 or 3 phone calls and kept it safe. Today as I finished a call I looked at the phone, really looked and there it was a small crack and a scratch. It has been safe the whole time and I have no idea how this even happened. It may have been there yesterday but I was frustrated from the long waits to get it activated I did not notice. I may just get another phone if this is the situation.
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Mi1981 

The phone comes with a plastic screen protector applied.

Could it be that ?

On a side note for anyone else coming across this thread a good glass screen protector that can hide some cracks is the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

JoFreebo
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I am in exactly the same position. Got my phone Saturday at Best Buy. I intended to buy insurance but the Covid-19 restrictions made the whole phone purchasing process challenging. Ordered a case on Friday but it got delayed and still isn't here. My daughter knocked it off the relatively low couch onto the wood floor. I didn't notice last night when it fell. Noticed this morning the upper left corner is cracked. This phone is so expensive. I've never splurged on a phone like this and never broken a phone before. 

JoFreebo
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Haha. I just replied to the original poster with my own story of frustration. It turns out that my out-of-the-box screen protector was scratched. Thank the gods! Hopefully my case comes today and I need to get screen insurance ASAP.