Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 android update

(Topic created on: 24-10-2022 07:15 PM)
Spencer
Apprentice
Options
Hi I live In the UK and have a Samsung galaxy s20 and my phone has been on android 10 for a long time now,  I have tried the settings etc everything but doesn't seem to have an updated version?  Can anyone help regarding getting my s20 updated to at least android 11 as I'm seeing people online saying there s20 has at least android 12 some have said 13, so why is my samsung galaxy s20 stuck on android version 10???   I have a Vodafone sim card in it and can try a giff gaff sim to see if that helps but any case it's not getting updated??
SPENCER MCGOWAN
8 REPLIES 8
Midge123
Voyager
Options
Hi there I have the s20 ultra 5g and I am running android 12 4.1 I have never had problems updating my phone even the last time I done a beta version not had any problems not sure why your phone is not updated is the phone a uk phone or another Area if not you should take it to a Samsung store and get it updated there hope this helps some sort of a way thanks
0 Likes
Spencer
Apprentice
Options
Ok no worries thanks
SPENCER MCGOWAN
0 Likes
JordanS
Options

If your phone isn't updating through the settings, @Spencer, we recommend manually updating it using our Smart Switch for Windows/Mac OS. We shall leave a link below. After installing the programme, connect your phone to the computer via USB > Run the programme > Once your phone has been detected, it will inform you of any pending updates available and will prompt you to update. 

Smart Switch: https://www.samsung.com/uk/apps/smart-switch/ 

BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Whats your model number?
0 Likes
Spencer
Apprentice
Options
Hi thanks all for getting back to me, the model number is SM-G980F/DS
SPENCER MCGOWAN
0 Likes
Spencer
Apprentice
Options
Hi thanks all for getting back to me, the model number is SM-G980F/DS
SPENCER MCGOWAN
0 Likes
Spencer
Apprentice
Options
Thanks, I tried putting another Vodafone sim in the s20 and on the older phone I took the sim from was on 4G but putting the sim in the s20 it's showing as 2G 3G and LTE ?? So why is it not giving me the 4G it had when the sim was in another cheap rubbish phone?
SPENCER MCGOWAN
0 Likes
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Quite strange for the global variant
0 Likes