Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20+ 5G USB-C water warning. $518 to fix!!!!!

(Topic created on: 15-07-2021 07:04 PM)
S20amigo
First Poster
Options

My S20+ started complaining about water in its USBC port. Never has been in water. The phone still works normally and I can charge via Wireless albeit very slow. I called-in for service and they said $117 to fix and I would have it in a week. So I gave them my CC and sent it in.

They called again and they now want $518 to fix it. This is just out of warranty. Super bad service on the phone and email so far.

The agents cant help, I think it's a foreign call center all they do is apologize. When they transfer me to the repair center in the USA It just stays forever on hold. What gives with this horrible support.

Apparently I'm not the only one with the issue since eBay has a bunch of other phones with the same issue. The USB-C board is $17 for the part. How can they gouge their customers this much?!?!

I called again and they told me that if I can get a document from my provider that shows my phone was activated on their network showing IMEI they might help me. I called TMO they said its a ridiculous request and that they cant send that info due to privacy laws. Also my account page now shows my temp phone as activated.... So infuriating.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi Sorry to hear about your problems. You can get TMO to send you the information and then you can send to Samsung. The higher repair cost suggests there's a lot more damage. We're there any comments made abot this? The water damage may be condensation related so there's potentially more problems than initially thought.
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
If you want to use the Usb C port to charge your phone until its fixed, the phone will let you charge it with a cable when it is turned off and won't give you a water warning.
0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@S20amigo 

hello

try clearing the USBSettings data as a fix

head to Settings → apps → 3 dots → show system apps → USBSettings app → Storage → clear data

then turn off and on the phone

check if the error message will still appear 😍

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
S20amigo
First Poster
Options

TMO will not release that information breach of privacy. They said they never heard any company do this.  The phone works and charges wirelessly. There are no other issues other than the USB-C port. So far no help at all. Just call centers from overseas with bad connections and terrible language. 

0 Likes
S20amigo
First Poster
Options

No, the phone will not allow the cable to be connected even off. It just starts beeping

0 Likes
S20amigo
First Poster
Options

No it doesn't. I wiped the phone.

0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Oh, when I had my Galaxy S7 and it showed the water warning, I just turned it off and charged it and it charged fine.
0 Likes