Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20+ 5G - Scratches on screen protector

(Topic created on: 10-10-2020 08:18 PM)
Members_mpf7CZn
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have scratches on the bulit-in screen protector from my phone being in my pocket with my keys (not unusual for the two items to be in a pocket together). I have had the phone for two weeks. I have never dropped it. 

I went to the Oxford Street store today and they weren't surprised. They said that is what is supposed to happen to the screen protector. They said they have seen much worse and that is what the screen protector is for. 

I have an IPhone X (work phone) with a third-party screen protector. No scratches. The phone is over two years old. The stance of Samsung's staff is strange. 

I have had many phones. It is not normal that the screen scratches in the pocket and it is an eyesore. It is not keeping with a premium product.

I believe my issue must be universal 

, as I have treated the phone well and there is no reason for scratches.

Is there any solution or do I need to return the phone?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
the screen protector is there just for temporary, I just peel them off on first day, never use screen protector or case with samsung since year 2006, dont know why people use phone case and protector, on nice phone , might well just get cheap phone and cover up then there all look the same
0 Likes
Nanainpajamas
First Poster
Options
are you a very particular person about your person...tidy organised home...punctual for work...because the screen protector is what it is..only if it failed to protect the screen itself would I be looking for a solution....and first thing is get a wallet to protect your phone and don't keep it beside keys...I think you are liable for not keeping your phone in your pocket beside keys....no wonder the protector did its duty.
0 Likes
Matty8787
Pathfinder
Options
the pre installed screen protectors are the cheapest of cheap types, designed to protect the screen whilst you get a better one installed. I find your stance very peculiar, no big deal to just go get another as they're cheap.
0 Likes