Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s20 5G overheating

(Topic created on: 25-02-2021 06:38 PM)
DylGMD
Pioneer
Options
My galaxy s20 has been on charge for just under an hour. It was on 100% but when I picked it up it was too hot to touch. What should I do?
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
if it was hot at 11.50, maybe you should cook lunch on it? 😉
DylGMD
Pioneer
Options
yummy
0 Likes
Solution
peterriley3
Explorer
Options
Usually when your phone is left on charge and it hits 100%, your phone still receives electronic signals from your charger and is then hit with a loop of going to your phone, being rejected and sent back out again by your charger. This will cause your phone to get very hot and is a risk of fire. I suggest that you ensure your phone is unplugged when it hits 100%.

Another cause may be due to applications being open, your phone will overheat if too many applications are trying to run at once, you can fix this by simply closing applications after you've used them. You can also manually stop applications from running in the background via settings. Kind of like your brain, too much work and it begins to stress. This is just your phones way of letting you know it's stressed.

Hope this helped,
Peter
0 Likes
MrC61
Explorer
Options
My s20 got hot a couple of time, after a bit of checking turns out it was an app causing the problems. Think it was a weather app if I remember rightly. 🤔
0 Likes
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
sorry but it does not work like this 😂 y9u can leave you phone on for as long as you want on charge when the cable is connected and its at 100% the phone will actually start to discharge a couple of % so for instance it will go from 100% down to 98% then charge its self back to 100% this is a standard feature on pretty much all phones to stop fires etc
0 Likes
peterriley3
Explorer
Options
It depends on the method of charging and the charger used :smiling-face: - But your input is much appreciated.
DylGMD
Pioneer
Options
I use the 25W samsing usb c charger that came with the phone
Stephen1234
Student
Options
My samsung s20 5g overheating while video calling on messenger since I got it last year. Samsung had a look at it and they said there was nothing wrong with it. My old j6 was actually working better than the s20.
DylGMD
Pioneer
Options
Samsung said same about mine and actually sent my phone back with a snapped simcard tray.