Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 5G + One UI4 beta installed!

(Topic created on: 10-11-2021 01:00 PM)
Jangles
Pioneer
Options

I'm in the UK and yesterday, Nov 8, I saw that the One UI 4 beta / Android 12 is available in the UK for S20 devices.

So I did a full backup and installed the beta on my S20 5G running Android 11. Seamless installation and setup, no issues, all good. One app doesn't work at all now - known behaviour from betas with previous OS - which is Google Pay. Now's the time to check out Samsung Pay which will work on the beta, says Samsung.

The app I was most concerned about is Android Auto as I use this a lot in my car. Luckily, today it worked as it always has. Still with issues itself, though, as I keep reading about almost daily, eg, Google Assistant voice commands still very hit and miss: sometimes work, sometimes not. But a Google AA issue not a Samsung OS one.

In any case, all apps I've used today work fine, from social networking to browser to email to car navigation.

Overall, this beta is good. Appearance is crisper and phone performance overall seems faster. Only 24 hours since install so hard to tell yet re battery life. Observations to come.

8 REPLIES 8
Mark2691
Student
Options
I think the pay apps are disabled for security reasons as it a beta app not official release
Jangles
Pioneer
Options
Indeed, that's precisely the reason for Google Pay. Samsung Pay, on the other hand, seems to work in that it lets me add cards to it. We'll see when it comes to actual use.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Indeed tends to be issues with Google pay in Betas, Samsung Pay seems to have worked fine with the One UI 4.0 Betas on the S21 series,therefore should be same with the S20

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

IAMTHETWEED
Apprentice
Options
Did you find the update on here? Using the same phone however it hasn't shown up as of yet...
I've tried uninstall, restart etc. but to no avail
0 Likes
Ramnath
Pioneer
Options
When will note 10 Plus get it
0 Likes
belg
Student
Options
Sadly, I'm not getting or seeing the banner to join the beta for my s20 ultra 5g on o2. I have a feeling g it may be locked. Waiting to here back from o2 with an unlock code request.
0 Likes
AM4N
Voyager
Options
The beta is only open to devices straight from them, even if you unlock your phone the CSC code will remain the same. Unfortunately we have to wait for the full release
belg
Student
Options
Well that sucks. Thanks for letting me know.
0 Likes