12-04-2023 02:01 PM - last edited 12-04-2023 02:03 PM
12-04-2023 03:22 PM in
Hi @kam2005 , Have you tried entering Safe Mode? https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ If the problem does not present itself here it would suggest a problem with 3rd party apps (outwith the play stores) if you have any of these installed.
Another idea is to wipe the cache partition , temporary files are deleted but data is kept intact (even if you have tried the Factory Reset). This is generally advisable after updates.
Follow these steps:
1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.
My Device- S21 Ultra 5G ( SM-998B/DS ) CSC= BTU , 12GB/256GB
One Ui 5.1,Android 13 .
12-04-2023 04:22 PM in
30-04-2023 08:28 PM - last edited 30-04-2023 08:28 PM