Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 5G How to stop screen going blank when in a call on speaker

(Topic created on: 08-01-2021 06:18 PM)
Members_EW3qLxM
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi. When in a call on speaker, the screen goes blank after about 20 seconds. This makes responding to menu option requests on calls very frustrating. How can I stop the screen turning off when I'm on a call? TIA

4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Members_EW3qLxM: I'd recommend heading to Settings > Display > Screen Timeout, and increasing the time taken for the screen to switch off while idle. You can also go to Settings > Advanced Features > Motions and Gestures > Smart Stay > On, to keep the screen on while you're looking at it. If the screen does happen to turn off while you're on a call, press the Side Key once to re-enable the display. I hope this helps. 

Ar-Pharazon
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Settings>Display>Screen Timeout doesn't affect the timeout during a speaker call.  Probably only when you leave your phone "on".

Settings>Advanced Features>Motions and Gestures>Smart Stay only affects if the screen stays on when you put it next to your ear (the proximity sensor).

Pressing the power button seems to be the only way to get the display to come back on, tho you may end up wearing out your power button.

hosko
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have the same issue, and the 2 solutions offered are not working solutions.  Wondering if you found any other advice?

0 Likes
Bael_RathLian
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Seems to be a common malfunction with the S20. I have a FE and I still have that problem. I agree, when trying to do those calls where you have to interact with the recordings, turning the screen back on over and over is a pain.  The S22 still has this problem.  

0 Likes